Home

In The Event No Other Patches Are Released...

This is a discussion on In The Event No Other Patches Are Released... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
In The Event No Other Patches Are Released...

...For an offline dynasty player is NCAA 14 not only worth the purchase but does it have the fun factor that keeps you coming back for more???

I've been on the fence on this purchase for a while now, just been waiting to see if another patch was going to be announced, how much it would really fix or break and have been curious about what kind of support this game is going to get.

My fear has been that this game will get the same kind of post release treatment that 2K baseball had especially after losing it's license so I wanted to get some feedback from you guys now that you've had the game for a while.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: In The Event No Other Patches Are Released...

It's definitely worth the purchase with no patch in my opinion. An excellent last hooray for the PS3/Xbox 360.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you have a high tolerance for bad defensive AI and not being able to call defense plays against a no huddle every now and then, the game is worth it.

If you have a lower tolerance for DB's brainfart instincts, recruiting glitches and facemasks being gray on PS3 instead of the normal color, then the game will frustrate you.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

All the problems this game has, as good as it is, there will definitely be another patch, so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would advise you not to. Pretty glaring problems with the game. If you've waited this long that means you have had problems with the game in the past. This version is different but not better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
All the problems this game has, as good as it is, there will definitely be another patch, so you don't have to worry about that.
EA does not have a great track record with patches. And besides that the computer is still setting its zones to aggressive all game long, that was a problem last year, they didn't patch it and now it's in this years version. A whole cycle to patch or take out of a new game and they did nothing.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

If you're offline, thankfully, there are things that we can control. Not all of them, mind you - but it requires tweaking sliders and coaching edits. I think it's a great game, and recently, with sliders, have seen the potential it has. We are almost there.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

vhhsfu0509's Arena

Christian McLeod said on Twitter that a patch is in the works when specifically responding to a question about the grey face masks on the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »