Home

Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

This is a discussion on Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1
Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

Today I began a dynasty with one of my teambuilder teams. We were playing #1 Stanford. I scored a touchdown with 34 seconds left to give me a 34-13 lead and for some reason I decided to go for 2. Next thing you know I was sacked and my quarterback is injured and out for 3 weeks!:

Anyone else have a story like this? Does not have to be an injury it can be a loss

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

Why would you ever do such a thing. You get what you deserve I guess.

Years ago on Madden I was up by like 4 or 5 points with just a few seconds left in the game. I was running out the clock and decided on the last play to throw it to "pad my stats", and I threw a pick 6 and lost the game. So I got what I deserved and learned never to do things like that again.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Was up by 3 points, a few seconds remain.. I'm kicking off. Instead of just doing normal kickoff which always gets stopped around the 20 or 30, I decided to get fancy and try and onsides kick. The defense recovered it off a bounce and ran in untouched for the game winning score. Never again...
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I had a HB at like 195 yards and a 5 point lead, so instead of just taking a knee and ending the game I ran the ball one last time. Well my HB got 10 yards, but fumbled it straight into the cornerbacks hands, and with my team in a goalline offense nobody had a chance at catching him.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Why would you ever do such a thing. You get what you deserve I guess.

Years ago on Madden I was up by like 4 or 5 points with just a few seconds left in the game. I was running out the clock and decided on the last play to throw it to "pad my stats", and I threw a pick 6 and lost the game. So I got what I deserved and learned never to do things like that again.
Hahaha I don't know why I did it but oh well I will just have to get through the three weeks without my QB

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I drank those last 2 beers....
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I started a dynasty with UTSA as their OC Kevin Brown. I just finished year one today with a bowl lose because I got my beast of a freshman QB hurt in the last game of the regular season. I was up 3 scores with seconds to go in the 3rd. I need 13 more yards for Robinson to break the school rushing record. I ran a read to the left where I broke off a 27 yard run to only have Robinson go down for 8 weeks. I wanted to get him the record then pull him but that didn't work out. I was able to win the C-USA title but I need Robinson's running ability against LSU. They got me 21 points the same number of TD's Robinson was worth a game.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I know this isn't the forum to share Madden forum but since we're on this topic. It was Madden 04. I was a very young child at the time, keep that in mind. It is 4th down around their 20 with under 30 seconds to go. I'm up by 3. Instead of kicking the easy field goal or taking a knee I decide to pad my stats and mess around with the cpu. I call a fake FG pass, next thing you know I'm watching the defender run it 80 yards for a gamewinning touchdown. Pick 6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »