Home

Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch

This is a discussion on Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch

My friend and I always do a dynasty every summer, we each have two user controlled teams and mainly stick to recruiting and simming every game besides the one that we play each other in.

Usually it takes about 5-6 years before we start to see results from our recruiting and redshirting work as we stick to usually 3 star programs to begin with. This year however it is a mess.

To begin with we chose Virginia and North Carolina State, middle of the pack teams who we thought would give us somewhat of a challenge. Next thing we know we are about 3-4 years into our dynasty and it is almost impossible for us to lose, there came a time where my team was putting up at least 35 points a game for multiple seasons in a row.

So we decided to restart a whole new dynasty, using a relegation type system to make it more challenging on us.

This time he took SMU and I took Cincinnati both tier 2 teams in our system. Year 1 I went 11-1 and number 5 team in the country (unrealistic in its own but we let it pass), therefore moving me up to tier one with the super conference BIG 10 we have. Both of us were excited to actually watch me "struggle" somewhat against powerhouses like Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Iowa, Georgia Tech. Only the complete opposite happened. With a 90 OVR Cincinnati team I basically swept the conference of all those powerhouses on my way to an undefeated season and National Championship. So we thought, maybe a fluke right? Negative, I spent the next year scheduling every hard team I could think of in Non-Con. I was winning games against 99 OVR Michigan by the score of 66-24.

This is with a Cincinnati team that isn't even that good, I have not had any 5 star recruits yet and I should be barely staying alive in a super conference. Meanwhile my buddy is SMU, who is a 88 OVR and he is having the same results of almost going undefeated in multiple seasons.

This is a huge problem for simmers, I have checked every setting to see if I have something wrong, hell I have even tried changing my coach to a CPU controlled coach before games just in case the game is favoring user coaches. The only possible thing I can think of is red shirting is a big problem.

I noticed my quarterbacks in their second season after redshirting had a 99 Awareness rating. I have always been under the impression that this is the most important rating in simming so I figure this must be the only thing to blame it on. Either way though, my team was still beating up on much higher ranked opponents in year one (without the redshirting) and I always have the top 5 offense.

I am just curious if anyone else has this problem. I enjoy realism and while it sounds cool to win every game every year, trust me it is not. It is extremely annoying and I'm about 1 more sim away from never playing this game again. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch

A 90 overall team "isn't even that good"? Fire up a Dynasty with Tulane or an awful team and then schedule all your hard opponents. You should have a different outcome. In NCAA, there isn't much difference between a 90 overall team and a 99 overall team.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

I had a pretty big glitch yesterday. Finished a season at Mississippi St 11-1 with my only loss being to Auburn.

Auburn finished 10-2 with both losses in conference. Auburn go to play in the SEC championship though and because of that I lost the chance to play for the BCS title
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
I had a pretty big glitch yesterday. Finished a season at Mississippi St 11-1 with my only loss being to Auburn.

Auburn finished 10-2 with both losses in conference. Auburn go to play in the SEC championship though and because of that I lost the chance to play for the BCS title
You should probably post this in the Glitches thread. Nobody is going to see it here.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
A 90 overall team "isn't even that good"? Fire up a Dynasty with Tulane or an awful team and then schedule all your hard opponents. You should have a different outcome. In NCAA, there isn't much difference between a 90 overall team and a 99 overall team.

Then what is the point of dynasty? Once I get to a 90 OVR I am basically the same as 99 Michigan? That makes absolute no sense, and if true this game is completely broken. Building up recruits and such doesn't matter if I can just sweep right through A+ teams with Cincinnati.

Even if I did choose Tulane, in 5 years I would easily be one of the best teams in the nation. I mean hell if we go by what you are saying all I have to do is get to a 90 OVR and I can compete for a national championship.

In my Cincy dynasty I didn't have ONE offensive lineman over a 84 OVR and I plowed through Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Iowa. Not to mention my starting Defensive tackles were 72 OVR and 68 OVR with a third string freshman at 48 OVR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
Not to mention my starting Defensive tackles were 72 OVR and 68 OVR with a third string freshman at 48 OVR.
How are you a 90 overall with such awful players? What difficulty are you playing on? Maybe difficulty level has something to do with sim stats?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How are you a 90 overall with such awful players? What difficulty are you playing on? Maybe difficulty level has something to do with sim stats?

My QB, HB and WR are really good. Gunner Kiel led me to a NC in my 2nd year of dynasty behind an atrocious line, I cant understand it for the life of me.

I thought the same thing about the difficulty but I am always on heisman, I am having ridiculous stats too, We quit last night after my wide receiver caught 24 passes for 318 yards in a simmed game against Georgia Tech. I am either the absolute only one having this problem or other NCAA users just like winning ALL THE TIME, Which I dont find rewarding.

BTW Rock Chalk man
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've seen smaller examples of what you r talking about. In my south Alabama sim dynasty I went 5 - 7 my first 2 years. But I did notice the WR huge numbers "glitch" every once in awhile (ex. 320 yds passing 1 WR caught 305 yds the TE caught the other 15). But I've never gone undefeated or really beaten teams that were a huge favorite.
What I have seen is when you check pre-game stat rankings and the opposing team is in the back 100's for say passing (an option team) when I sim against them all of sudden they explode into TxTech. This I have seen more of than the going undefeated problem you speak of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »