Home

players getting drafted

This is a discussion on players getting drafted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
players getting drafted

im sorry if this is not where it should be but i felt it was pretty important

anyways for the draft classes people have complained that many players namely undersized are not having pro draft by there name and while others have guessed that it was for the game and that these players in the 90s would come out
i recentlly did some math and there are roughly 224 players getting drafted in the nfl yearly and there are 330 prospects projected to leave in my draft class

that accounts for every player plus 100 im not saying this guarantees that the people who dont have pro draft wont be in but its not looking good

once again if i missed a thread about this or if the devs have addressed this feel free to close it .just getting my findings out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: players getting drafted

I didn't understand a single word you said and it doesn't help that you didn't bother to put in a period. I'm not even sure if you were trying to tell us something or just write a bunch if mumbo jumbo.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Let me get this right here, you did some math to find out that 224 players get drafted and 330 players are in a draft class so we have 100 players leaving the game. How is this findings or a problem? In real life guys leave college for the draft or simple graduate. Some guys leave early for the NFL but don't end up getting drafted. The recruiting classes have over 1,000 players that will replace those 330 players who left early. If you are worried that there will be a shortage of players then no fears, I have been playing this game since NCAA 98 and can't remember a time where there was not enough players in the game. If you are worried that all the good players leave and you will be left with lesser players then don't worry about that either. players progress really fast in the game.

So what is the point of this thread?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe your draft class is radically different but in the two that I've had and tallied numbers for 224 and 222 people were in the draft. Maybe I missed count on one of them but the numbers were pretty consistent, 29 first round picks, 27 second round picks, 32 third round picks, and 136/134 for 4th-7th. Those are based off NCAA football 14 numbers, the actual draft has seven rounds with 32 picks per round for 224 total picks. So I probably miscounted the second draft, but I don't see the problem here.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the OP was trying to discuss the following problem:

Right now, there are hard cut-offs for who does or doesn't get drafted in the "players leaving" section, according to height and weight for the position. In some cases, it makes sense. There aren't a whole lot of 5'8 quarterbacks in the NFL.

But in other cases, you may have a 99 OVR quarterback, he's a senior, he's won the Heisman, he's won the BCS championship, the whole deal. He's even 6'3", which is totally NFL-worthy height for a QB.

But he's only 199 pounds. If he was 200 pounds, he'd be the first overall pick...but because he is ONE POUND SHY, he doesn't get drafted at all.

I don't know about you, but if I had millions depending on it, I could gain one freaking pound. I could do it in a single meal.

So...that's the problem the OP is discussing. The fact that ultra-talented college players aren't getting projected for the NFL due to being an inch or a pound off of the cut-off. As one of my friends pointed out, some of the most talented running backs in the real NFL right now would not meet NCAA's height requirement.

There's been some speculation that this won't be a problem in Madden...those 6'3, 199 pound QBs will still be drafted...but the OP is suggesting that because the draft class is big enough without them, that may not be the case.

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
I think the OP was trying to discuss the following problem:

Right now, there are hard cut-offs for who does or doesn't get drafted in the "players leaving" section, according to height and weight for the position. In some cases, it makes sense. There aren't a whole lot of 5'8 quarterbacks in the NFL.

But in other cases, you may have a 99 OVR quarterback, he's a senior, he's won the Heisman, he's won the BCS championship, the whole deal. He's even 6'3", which is totally NFL-worthy height for a QB.

But he's only 199 pounds. If he was 200 pounds, he'd be the first overall pick...but because he is ONE POUND SHY, he doesn't get drafted at all.

I don't know about you, but if I had millions depending on it, I could gain one freaking pound. I could do it in a single meal.

So...that's the problem the OP is discussing. The fact that ultra-talented college players aren't getting projected for the NFL due to being an inch or a pound off of the cut-off. As one of my friends pointed out, some of the most talented running backs in the real NFL right now would not meet NCAA's height requirement.

There's been some speculation that this won't be a problem in Madden...those 6'3, 199 pound QBs will still be drafted...but the OP is suggesting that because the draft class is big enough without them, that may not be the case.

Hope that helps.
that is exactly what im saying guys like deanthony thomas dont get drafted. sorry my post is hard to read i was hurrying through the post. basically im saying that i dont think that the guys that dont say pro draft next to their name they wont go to the draft. and if i have a 99 overall, which has happened, and he doesnt get drafted thats a problem. and the 100 guys is just saying that there are plenty of guys to not get drafted and have others replace them.

as far as radically different im sure this isnt an isolated event ive done it about 4 tmes having 300,330,333, and 335 guys come out. sorry the first post was hard to read but thats all i needed you dont have to be a**holes about it.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBostonBro
Maybe your draft class is radically different but in the two that I've had and tallied numbers for 224 and 222 people were in the draft. Maybe I missed count on one of them but the numbers were pretty consistent, 29 first round picks, 27 second round picks, 32 third round picks, and 136/134 for 4th-7th. Those are based off NCAA football 14 numbers, the actual draft has seven rounds with 32 picks per round for 224 total picks. So I probably miscounted the second draft, but I don't see the problem here.
did you count on the players leaving screen or did you count the draft results. if you counted players leaving did you count the early departures.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Let me get this right here, you did some math to find out that 224 players get drafted and 330 players are in a draft class so we have 100 players leaving the game. How is this findings or a problem? In real life guys leave college for the draft or simple graduate. Some guys leave early for the NFL but don't end up getting drafted. The recruiting classes have over 1,000 players that will replace those 330 players who left early. If you are worried that there will be a shortage of players then no fears, I have been playing this game since NCAA 98 and can't remember a time where there was not enough players in the game. If you are worried that all the good players leave and you will be left with lesser players then don't worry about that either. players progress really fast in the game.

So what is the point of this thread?
i know there wont be a shortage of players im saying that the players left out are guys like manziel, deanthony thomas and other undersized talented players. ive played since 08 and ive never had a 99 overall not get drafted, and thats my main concern

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »