Home

NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

This is a discussion on NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

Great post man.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
This is one of the best guides I've ever read on this website. Great job and thanks! It definitely opened my eyes to a few skills that I guess I overlooked.
Do you think you will add a game management guide in the future?
Maybe... A lot of it seems preference based on how people want to rank up to unlock Coachstradamus (probably the most helpful item).

Unlike the recruiting tree, game management affects help every game. Recruiting skills only help during certain times of the year.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Like others have said, good read...

I focused on recruiting perks right away and agree with a lot of what you've said. Early on the Scouting Perk is a HUGE help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great thread.

Question for you ... I was doing some simming and testing much like you. In one instance, a CPU school had a points change of +2860, leapfrogging me and taking the lead on the kid. How is that possible? They had a visit that week, sure ... but LOST.

Ever seen anything like that?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquil99
Great thread.

Question for you ... I was doing some simming and testing much like you. In one instance, a CPU school had a points change of +2860, leapfrogging me and taking the lead on the kid. How is that possible? They had a visit that week, sure ... but LOST.

From the CPU? No. But I personally pulled one off with Texas.

It took the perfect storm to get that, but from a the CPU, that's insane. That's definitely the highest I have seen from the CPU.

The high I got from Texas was the perfect storm. 700 recruit points, 490 weekly bonus and a 1560 visit for a total of 2,750 in a week. And I had A+ and hit all the visit bonuses.

So for the CPU to pull that off is the touch of God.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
The 5 visits messed me up. I had a good 300 point lead, then 7 teams unlocked their visit with me the same week. Even though I was in the lead, I didn't get a chance to schedule a visit on the top QB recruit. THAT was frustrating, and something people need to be aware of
So, wait...the CPU doesn't have to follow the same rules as we do for scheduling visits? If I remember correctly, you're required to have 50% or more interest AND be in their top 5. In that case, you should never run into a situation where you miss out on a visit as the lead school unless you don't schedule when it first becomes available. I guess if there was only one visit spot left and you got it at the same time as a CPU team, that makes sense from a rule standpoint. But then, how do teams ranked lower than you have a higher interest percentage? That doesn't make sense...

Of course, if the CPU can schedule whenever without any regard for the guidelines that the user has to meet, that's an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
Rookie

ZoeK35's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquil99
Great thread.

I had something similar happen to me last night. I was recruiting a OT and it was basically Miami and FSU as the top 2 with everyone else about 1700 points behind. I was able to schedule my visit week 6 and felt like I would get him. Then after I simmed week 5, I found out that I was locked out. GT came up and leapfrogged me, so it was between them and FSU. I was able to unlock him, get back to number 1 after his visit. Only to have FSU jump me in week 10. Somehow UCF jumped everyone and he signed with them in week 13. It was crazy, UCF was nowhere to be found all year with this guy and somehow they come out and sign him. I was quite impressed and had a good laugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »