Home

No huddle offense (cpu) and option

This is a discussion on No huddle offense (cpu) and option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
No huddle offense (cpu) and option

Is it just me, or is every team constantly running the no huddle this year?
I swear every single game I have played, for almost the entire game the cpu is running the no huddle.

And it seems every team runs some sort of option now. mostly read options, and they seem to work 90% of the time. As in it seems to me 90% of the time its impossible to stop it. My defender locks up and I can't control him for a second or longer. No matter what direction I try to make him run he just stands there, waiting for the hand off to happen, an then he auto starts running at the wrong guy. And the cpu then has a lane open for a few yards every time. And I have to switch to someone else to cut him off.

Not every team should be running a no huddle none stop. And not every team runs an option. Also, the game should not be taking control of the defender I am controlling, its just maddening. Unless I am missing some settings that are worded oddly that will correct these.

I've seen this on Heisman and AA.
Anyone else having these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Yea the cpu option is way over powered. It's almost a game breaker. I can make the correct read on defense and it doesn't matter because after i break down or commit the cpu went jet me control my own player. It's freaking ridiculous.
Not to mention the fact that apparently the swat and pick button only work about half the time on Heisman. The other times my guy just stands the watching the cpu make a catch
Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: No huddle offense (cpu) and option

The biggest problem is the lack of variety. With every team running these two offenses, you get exactly the same experience most of the games you play.

I'm forced to run man coverage (zone broken) and keep a spy at Middle LB. typically the cpu will run to the fat side of the field.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yep, it gets frustrating playing against the cpu, every team thinks they are oregon
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

I don't mind defending the option so much, but facing so many spread, no-huddle offenses has already gotten very old. I have some good linebackers, I'd like to use them. Seems like I'm having to run my dime package 80%+ of the time and spying the QB with a DE.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I was just messing around, starting a new dynasty, and I noticed an option I missed previously. No Huddle Style. The choice is conservative, normal and aggressive. It is default conservative. But I think I changed it last time to aggressive, thinking it was referring to my team in some way. I'm not sure, I don't remember, but it seems like that might have been the case. I'm going to set it to conservative this time and see if that changes things.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #7
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I was just messing around, starting a new dynasty, and I noticed an option I missed previously. No Huddle Style. The choice is conservative, normal and aggressive. It is default conservative. But I think I changed it last time to aggressive, thinking it was referring to my team in some way. I'm not sure, I don't remember, but it seems like that might have been the case. I'm going to set it to conservative this time and see if that changes things.
That's your own Coach's no huddle style. Since NCAA '13 every HC has one.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
Rookie

I agree it is very frustrating when your DE won't go left or right or do anything other than stand there and wait to pick the wrong guy even though your supposed to be controllin him. It's not surprising however because its basically the same thing they do for your DB's when the ball is in the air. And have been doing ever since the "ball hawk" feature was added

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »