Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't know if there's a PS3 specific glitch for this but I'm on the 360 and Royal Treatment works just as advertised for me.

Taj, I don't know why that file you're looking at says a bonus of 500 and 1,000, but that's not what it says in game (and that's a ********ly huge bonus as a great visit without the skill is 1,000 points so that'd double a visit). RT gives a bonus of 100/200/400 for the different levels (and that 400 point bonus is huge as is). It's easy to verify this in game.
  • Start a new dynasty with a lvl 20 coach but don't spend points.
  • Sim until you have guys ready for a visit.
  • Click on the "visit" to see how many base points you'll get, but don't set up the visit.
  • Back out and buy RT1.
  • Go back to the recruit and see that your base visit is 100 points more.
  • Rinse and repeat with RT2 and RT3 if you feel it's necessary.
The difference between a normal visit and a RT3 visit is very big and can be the difference between a good visit that nearly locks out your opponent before he can have a visit (but still allowing that visit) and signing that recruit before he can visit anyone else.
In the description of RT, it states "you will receive a bonus of +XYZ points the week a recruit visits your school". You can even see this straight from EA's website where it has level 1 at 250:

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...4-coach-skills

The XYZ points are 250/500/1,000, so according to the description that we read in the game, it's telling us that we get that bonus each week a recruit visits.

But like you said, when you look at a recruit's bonus, it's only going up 100/200/400. I agree that 1,000 is overkill (but obviously when every team has it, the point total is a moot point), but even if it's 1,000 total for the week divided among the players coming, that's not happening either.

EA's website has 250, and in game the description says 250/500/1,000, but the totals just do not add up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
In the description of RT, it states "you will receive a bonus of +XYZ points the week a recruit visits your school". You can even see this straight from EA's website where it has level 1 at 250:

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...4-coach-skills

The XYZ points are 250/500/1,000, so according to the description that we read in the game, it's telling us that we get that bonus each week a recruit visits.

But like you said, when you look at a recruit's bonus, it's only going up 100/200/400. I agree that 1,000 is overkill (but obviously when every team has it, the point total is a moot point), but even if it's 1,000 total for the week divided among the players coming, that's not happening either.

EA's website has 250, and in game the description says 250/500/1,000, but the totals just do not add up.
You are misunderstanding. 250/500/1000 means the extra you get each week to spend on all recruits. So say you have 5000 recruiting points. That would indicate 250=5250/500=5500/1000=6000.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
You are misunderstanding. 250/500/1000 means the extra you get each week to spend on all recruits. So say you have 5000 recruiting points. That would indicate 250=5250/500=5500/1000=6000.
That comes from the Opener & Closer skill point. They offer you more points per week on a consistent basis without an on campus visit.

Royal Treatment specifically says bonus points (the automatic numbers you receive per recruit each week for their top 3 pitches). It's not the total accumulative amount of points you receive per visiting week.

Even then, if it did... it's still not happening. The game isn't offering the 1,000 point Royal Treatment points anywhere to visiting recruits.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
That comes from the Opener & Closer skill point. They offer you more points per week on a consistent basis without an on campus visit.

Royal Treatment specifically says bonus points (the automatic numbers you receive per recruit each week for their top 3 pitches). It's not the total accumulative amount of points you receive per visiting week.

Even then, if it did... it's still not happening. The game isn't offering the 1,000 point Royal Treatment points anywhere to visiting recruits.
Could this just mean overall points for a week a recruit visits? Meaning if I have 5000 recruiting points and week 6 I have a recruit visiting I get 5250. Week 7 I have no recruits so I go back to having 5000 recruiting points?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #405
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't know if there's a PS3 specific glitch for this but I'm on the 360 and Royal Treatment works just as advertised for me.

Taj, I don't know why that file you're looking at says a bonus of 500 and 1,000, but that's not what it says in game (and that's a ********ly huge bonus as a great visit without the skill is 1,000 points so that'd double a visit). RT gives a bonus of 100/200/400 for the different levels (and that 400 point bonus is huge as is). It's easy to verify this in game.
  • Start a new dynasty with a lvl 20 coach but don't spend points.
  • Sim until you have guys ready for a visit.
  • Click on the "visit" to see how many base points you'll get, but don't set up the visit.
  • Back out and buy RT1.
  • Go back to the recruit and see that your base visit is 100 points more.
  • Rinse and repeat with RT2 and RT3 if you feel it's necessary.
The difference between a normal visit and a RT3 visit is very big and can be the difference between a good visit that nearly locks out your opponent before he can have a visit (but still allowing that visit) and signing that recruit before he can visit anyone else.
thanks for the response, im cool with the 100/200/400pt progression just wanted to make sure something glitchy wasnt going on. as for the file, idk what thats about then.

anyways thanks again for the response. you as well jloco. i think im unconfused now.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Could this just mean overall points for a week a recruit visits? Meaning if I have 5000 recruiting points and week 6 I have a recruit visiting I get 5250. Week 7 I have no recruits so I go back to having 5000 recruiting points?
Not from what I can tell... plus that wouldn't help the onsite visit directly.

If you were given an extra 250, you could spend it on someone other than a visiting recruit.

Since I have Opener and Closer already maxed, I don't see more than the 6500 each week. The only thing points in Royal Treatment are adding are miniscule points to their base visit totals.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #407
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

is it worth it to go after a recruit when you are in that -90ish zone but still not cutoff? I always have a hard time wanting to keep 500 in a guy where you are behind, and have to put it all on a visit.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #408
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
is it worth it to go after a recruit when you are in that -90ish zone but still not cutoff? I always have a hard time wanting to keep 500 in a guy where you are behind, and have to put it all on a visit.
theres obviously some risk and reward behind it

its really a case-by-case basis.. is the recruit someone u want for depth? or are you desperate for them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »