Home

looking for a lab partner who knows football

This is a discussion on looking for a lab partner who knows football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
looking for a lab partner who knows football

PS3 , Ncaa 13 With a Mic Lab sessions Ex. you have to understand football inside and out like defense and offense For example say if the offense comes out and run a Power o to the right side the s strong side where the Te is at I would come out in a 4-3 over and it would shift more people to the point of attack does it mean it would cover the inside gaps as well on that side say the A and B ?

Last edited by merio1992; 06-10-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: to be More Specific
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: looking for a lab partner who knows football

I coached college football for four years and then high school for a number of years ... explain please.

I have no clue what you are talking about
Old 06-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
I coached college football for four years and then high school for a number of years ... explain please.

I have no clue what you are talking about
I'm assuming he means to test sliders with.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

I want to practice with someone who knows the game of football inside and out like the formations how to stop the run and different things like that i want to practice with someone that's knowledgeable and understand football Completely inside and out Can u help me?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

I dont want to play a football game and not understand completely what i am doing i want to understand Straight Simulation Football I'm willing to learn but i know football can be complex to A Beginner's eye i'm willing to learn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

If you want to learn fundamental football a video game isn't e best place to learn. Especially right now. lol. I would recommend youtube coaching videos or trying to become a volunteer assistant for a JR high or JV team. That's the best way to learn/ master the basics of gap assignment football. You need to see it in motion and understand what is happening and why. As far a football philosophy, you can find some good books out there. I have always been intrigued by the Power-I option run game (Osborne era Nebraska). I would learn the basic pro-style offense first, then work your way out into more advanced schemes like Spread read option, Pistol, and flexbone. IMO College Football is so much more diverse than the NFL. I like the parody of styles you see opposed to the same thing in the NFL. QB's are pretty much fair game as well. Just my opinion of course. With the lineplay in the current state of football games being so poor, you would get a better understanding of how it's supposed to work the right way. Just don't get too upset when you master a style of play, and try to play it in an EA NCAA game and it doesn't work!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Be careful about shifting because your opponent could audible to a run to weak side and you will shift right out of the play. My advice is for you to be as balanced as you can. Also on some inside run crash your d-line in to help protect you LB's. In the 4-3 your LB's have to hit their gap hard because if they don't, you will get gashed. It's way too easy to get to the edge on the 4-3. I mostly use the 3-4. I only use 4-3 in the redzone.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Rookie

ok thanks for the input
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »