Home

Favorite recruit?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5
Favorite recruit?

Might sound a bit strange or whatever but anyone ever have a recruit that you had for a 4 or 5 year span in Dynasty that you grew a fondness for so much that you actually recreated the recruiting in a new or different dynasty later on?

My first Dynasty in 13' I had signed a 5-11 192lbs 3 star SS from Massachusetts named Brock Manson. After scouting he gained 7 points overall to jump to a 74 overall. I simmed the first (Freshman) year in which he played lights out (88 tackles 11 TFL 4 FF 3 INTs 1 TD) getting on the All-MAC team and a semi finalist for the Thorpe award.

His Sophomore season I played one game (against a #16 ranked Michigan team) he had slightly better numbers while becoming 1st team all-american.

Junior and Senior years were 1st team all-american and led me to a BCS bowl birth and an invite to the ACC.

Never won the thorpe or bednarik awards.

He ended his career rated a 91 OVR and 5'11" 208lbs (gained 16lbs)

He progressed from a 74 OVR - 80 OVR - 85 OVR - 91 OVR

favorite recruit from 3 star to 3 time all-american and I simulated 90% of the games during that time. The only games I played I couldn't do that well with him as user. It was something about simulating with him..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Favorite recruit?

I can't remember his name and that, mainly because I accidentally deleted this Dynasy in the 5th year. But he was a 6'4, 95+ speed wide receiver. He was a monster.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

My favorite player was Bryant Daniels 6'5" 234 lbs ATH

95 spd 94 thp 76 tha 84 btk 83 return 76 zone

dude was a monster I let him return if the game was on the line and he played defense at FS when the game was on the line. Flat out best player I've ever seen.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I have two players that are a tie for me.

The first player was back on NCAA 09. He was a 3* QB named Jason Smith (6'2" 220lbs). I had signed a 4* QB in his same class that was more of a dual threat where Smith was a pocket passer only. I had hoped Smith could be a solid back-up but what I got was a supper star. I red shirted him and the 4* guy since I had two seniors and a junior ahead of them. The following year I had planned on the 4* QB being my man but he threw 4 picks in the first game so I pulled him for Smith who was had an 78ovr with thp in the mid 80s and tha in the high 80s. Smith took Miami to 3 national championship games, winning 2, a #1 ranking for two straight years, and started my dynasty. Smith won 2 Heisman's, was named 1st team All-American 3 years in a row, and was the #5 pick in Madden 09 fir his draft class. Best 3* I ever saw. He also broke every passing record at Miami and held a few NCAA records.

The second player was from NCAA 12 during my coaching career of Kliff Kingsberry. I had just taken the OC job at Texas Tech and I need a running QB to run my spread system. I found a 4* QB, Lenny Davis (6'4" 225lbs), who was ranked as the 15th best QB without a single offer. He had great speed, 86spd & 89acc, with an above average arm, 85thp, but had a 76tha. The guy was great at running and making those short passes but anything long was going to get picked or thrown out of bounds. His freshman year I used him only as a runner in about 3 different formations and he rushed for 900yds and 8tds. His sophomore year he became my starter and was a 84ovr by this point. He had a good year throwing for 3,000yds+, 22tds, & rushed for 1,000yds+. His next two years saw him finish 2nd in the Heisman voting and win his senior year. He was 1st team All-American and won the O'Brien both years and the Maxwell his senior year. He held every rushing record at Texas Tech when he left and held the NCAA record for most rushing TDs in a career. I turned down head job offers each year to stay at Tech to finish out his career. He ended up as a 94ovr, 90thp, 85tha, 89spd, 90acc.

I skipped NCAA 13, but every time I play NCAA I try to find another player like Smith or Davis because they made the game fun for me again.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Manny_B214's Arena

OVR: 5

My All-Time Fave Is, Adrian Mitchell a 4* Power Back In My Baylor Dynasty,
I Usually Avoided Power Backs Because I Loved Speed, But Something Made Me Sign Him. I Remember His First Game Lache Seastrunk Went Out With A Hammy And Mitch Came And And Earned The Nickname Ayo Mitch! He Would Run Through The Tackles With Power And Once He Was In The Open Field He Was Long Gone And Safeties Couldn't Bear His 5'11 214 Frame And Him And Lache Where The Embodiment Of Lightning And Thunder
68Rec 948Yrds 11TD
95Rush 674Yrds 8TD
489Pass Yds 8TD 11INT

Senior Stats:
Curently Playing AAU Ball For The Dallas Longhorn Elie
PPG:14.2
RPG:7.6
APG:4.9
SPG:1.2
BLK:3.2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
I got a fish story

Was running a OD with a friend he was using Arkansas an me as Florida. Anyway this story really is only about my team lol

5* Qb was number 1 on my list an same goes for him. I was way ahead of any other team trying to recruit him. I scouted him an he was 90+ on speed, an acc, a 90+ on throw prw, an throw acc. Never seen one rated that good in all the seasons I played

It's in the bag right? Got the last week of the season as I went to recruit only to find the Qb had vanished. Searched then scrolled down to see he committed to another school because I forgot to offer a scholarship. Man I never been so disappointed an mad, he was gonna be such a beast an I needed a Qb
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
I got a fish story

Was running a OD with a friend he was using Arkansas an me as Florida. Anyway this story really is only about my team lol

5* Qb was number 1 on my list an same goes for him. I was way ahead of any other team trying to recruit him. I scouted him an he was 90+ on speed, an acc, a 90+ on throw prw, an throw acc. Never seen one rated that good in all the seasons I played

It's in the bag right? Got the last week of the season as I went to recruit only to find the Qb had vanished. Searched then scrolled down to see he committed to another school because I forgot to offer a scholarship. Man I never been so disappointed an mad, he was gonna be such a beast an I needed a Qb
LOL this is why I always offer a scholie first, although it might not be very realistic.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
LOL this is why I always offer a scholie first, although it might not be very realistic.
That's what got me, that's the first thing I always do but I guess I missed him somehow an then forgot about it.

My cousin the the one who was in the dynasty with me is a Marine an is stationed in Cali so we were trying to see how far in a dynasty would could get in short period of time. I guess that's why I missed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »