Home

Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

This is a discussion on Re-Do How Transfers are Handled within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

As of now, it seems fairly random how transfers are handled. Sometimes you get a few players, othertimes you lose some. Instead, here's how I'd handle it:

1- Players who want to leave your team inform you, and list one of four reasons (Playing Time, Close to Home, Clash with Coaches, Dislike School) for leaving. You can try to get them to stay, but it's unlikely they will change their mind.

2- Permission. I believe the NCAA allows other coaches to contact transfers if the school gives permission. Unless the transfer is from a rival or in-conference opponent, this is granted automatically simply to speed this up.

3- Recruiting. You have 3 hours/week to land transfers during the 5 weeks of post-season recruiting. Recruiting transfers is similar to regular recruiting, except you know a few of their pitches.

If they transfer for playing time, obviously their Playing Time Rating is of Very High importance.

Close to Home would mean their proximity to home cannot be below a B+ for you to land them.

Clash With Coach- You must be different than their current coach (Ex. Different Playing style, Much Younger than Current coach, More/Less Experience)

Dislike College- Your college must differ from their current school by a lot. (Ex. If a player is from a small private college, a big state school gets the edge. If the school they were at is in Texas, being located in the Northeast gives you a boost.)

For Clashing w/Coach and Dislike their Current college transfers, you get a bonus similar to the pipeline state bonus if you satisfy the conditions.

Hope that made sense!
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

Love the ideas. I would also like to see the juniors and seniors who have graduated be able to switch schools if they want also. Make it rare of course maybe like 20 guys a season. Wisconsin wouldnt have gotten Russell Wilson, if not for this rule.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #3
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbad31
Love the ideas. I would also like to see the juniors and seniors who have graduated be able to switch schools if they want also. Make it rare of course maybe like 20 guys a season. Wisconsin wouldnt have gotten Russell Wilson, if not for this rule.
I think 20 is too high, but maybe like 5-10?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
As of now, it seems fairly random how transfers are handled. Sometimes you get a few players, othertimes you lose some. Instead, here's how I'd handle it:

1- Players who want to leave your team inform you, and list one of four reasons (Playing Time, Close to Home, Clash with Coaches, Dislike School) for leaving. You can try to get them to stay, but it's unlikely they will change their mind.

2- Permission. I believe the NCAA allows other coaches to contact transfers if the school gives permission. Unless the transfer is from a rival or in-conference opponent, this is granted automatically simply to speed this up.

3- Recruiting. You have 3 hours/week to land transfers during the 5 weeks of post-season recruiting. Recruiting transfers is similar to regular recruiting, except you know a few of their pitches.

If they transfer for playing time, obviously their Playing Time Rating is of Very High importance.

Close to Home would mean their proximity to home cannot be below a B+ for you to land them.

Clash With Coach- You must be different than their current coach (Ex. Different Playing style, Much Younger than Current coach, More/Less Experience)

Dislike College- Your college must differ from their current school by a lot. (Ex. If a player is from a small private college, a big state school gets the edge. If the school they were at is in Texas, being located in the Northeast gives you a boost.)

For Clashing w/Coach and Dislike their Current college transfers, you get a bonus similar to the pipeline state bonus if you satisfy the conditions.

Hope that made sense!
Should have this same process repeated too after cut players, and be able to recruit the players cut from other teams, then after that have a final roster cut.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I like it, OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Should have this same process repeated too after cut players, and be able to recruit the players cut from other teams, then after that have a final roster cut.
Also agree with this point. It would be great to see some of those guys that aren't quite good enough for your team make it to a team that really needs them instead of completely disappearing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
This would be a great add, too! The 6th string WR Alabama cuts could easily be a starter on some Sun Belt squad.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I just found the bold part funny.
"Sorry coach Saban, but I feel like you've just won too many national championships. I'm gonna go try out that new dude that just signed on with UAB."

Anywho, I like the ideas OP. I also agree that JR(RS) players (and only them so as not to have to worry about figuring out which SRs were able to finish school in 3 years) should be able to transfer, with the main reason being playing time, and be able to play immediately (for any school so we don't need to worry about trying to implement graduate programs for schools).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbad31
You guys are right 20 is too many....maybe about 10. I just saw on espn a lineman from colorado is going to nebraska. You see a lot more quarterbacks do this than the other positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »