Home

Hoping you guys can help me out.

This is a discussion on Hoping you guys can help me out. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hoping you guys can help me out.

I know it's kind of long, but it would mean a lot to me if someone could help

I have a pretty hard medical life, with chronic headaches and a chronic disease called ulcerative colitis. A lot of days are pretty hard and sometimes I just like to have something that I can really win at and win by a lot. So as you could imagine with games like Madden and NBA 2K I put it on easy difficulty and use the easiest sliders. And that's fun for me. But with NCAA I can't seem to find a way to complete a whole lot of passes. I have tried freshman difficulty with all of my sliders set to 100 and all of the CPU's set to 0, but I still can't throw a deep bomb I actually can't complete very many passes at all. I know I will probably get a lot of heat for not playing 'sim style' but I do what's fun for me. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could possibly fix this, or just let me know if it won't work at all?

Thank you for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Hoping you guys can help me out.

Foremost, sorry to hear about your condition, I hope you are coping well. Second, it's unclear how familiar you are with football from your topic post, so I'm assuming you have at least a basic knowledge here.

Depending on what teams you play against, a lot of them will run defenses suited to not giving up deep passing plays; I would imagine that even on the easiest difficulty settings, you have to know when to take your shots. How well-versed are you on different coverages (2 Man coverage, Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 0)? Learning to recognize what coverages the defenses are throwing at you, and where the ball needs to go for a given coverage, will help you pass more successfully. In particular, the first thing I look for in reading a coverage is how the safeties are moving; if both the free safety and the strong safety are dropping back into deep coverage, the odds of completing a deep pass are unlikely.

Do you let the AI do the quarterback's dropback, or do you manually control it? I personally find it easier to pass if I let the AI do the dropback and then throw to an open receiver in rhythm. Try going into practice with no defense to learn the timing of a handful of passing plays with the AI dropback, particularly plays with out routes, post routes, corner routes, and whatnot. You'll be wanting to get rid of the ball as soon as the QB finishes his dropback.

Piggy-backing on that, what formations and plays are you calling? If you want to pass more successfully, try formations with more wide receivers onto the field; most teams have a variety of shotgun sets in their playbook which are better suited for passing as they get more wide receivers onto the field.

What is your game speed setting? If you change this to Slow or Very Slow, you'll have more time to read the coverages and figure out where to throw the football.

What team are you using? Some teams just flat-out don't have good quarterbacks or receivers. I wouldn't expect you to have much success passing with Navy or Georgia Tech, for example; both of these teams are predisposed to run the triple option, a run-heavy offense. Further, knowing what personnel you have at your disposal will help you get an idea of how you might be most successful on offense. It might be good to start with a team like USC, to this end, they've got plenty of talent on offense.

I hope this helps! Let me know if anything here in unclear.

Last edited by Hooe; 03-04-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
Rookie

First off, thank you so much for your reply!

Secondly, I tried to play on slow and very slow, but still had no luck. I usually play with Oregon. I bought NCAA 11 and tried that and it is a world of difference. Deep bombs can be completed at will on freshman. Now I am curious if EA took this out on purpose because people were saying that passing was to easy.

I would just play NCAA 11 but I think overall 13 is a much better game in terms of presentation and being able to have updated rosters.

If it turns out that nothing will work, then I may just set the game down and wait for 14 and hope that it is more like 11's gameplay.

Thanks again for your reply.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Usually whenever I complete a deep pass, I only have one or maybe two WRs going deep. Then you just look to see if the WR is in single coverage. Make sure not to throw a bullet pass, throw a lob by hitting the X button a little longer. Make sure you throw the pass pretty quickly after the snap so that you can get the ball out in front of the WR. If you wait until he has run his route, then you'll just throw him a jump ball. Also I think pushing the left stick up as you release the ball might help.

Hope you are successful.

*2008* Boston Celtics
*2008* Florida Football
*2017* Florida Baseball
*2018* Boston Red Sox
*2024* Boston Celtics
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Hey, hoping this helps you out. What works for me is two plays. Four Verticals, especially from Shotgun: Trips, and PA Deep Outs, from Spread or Spread Flex. For Four Verticals, check to make sure the corners are right on top of your outside receivers. If not audible until they do and then go back to the Four Verticals call. (It usually just takes one audible) Hike the ball and your outside guys will beat him a majority of the time. Then it depends on the safety. If he notices, you can squeeze it in there for a 20 yard gain by throwing a bullet and pushing the left stick to the sideline to lead the ball there and away from the defense. If the safety screws up, it'll be an easy throw for a TD everytime. For the other play, just hike the ball and watch the guy running the post. Usually, especially if it's Cover 2, he'll be wide open for an easy bomb. Sorry to hear about your condition and best of luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

If you know how to hot route, I find the verticle route called from that screen (right Stick up, If I recall correctly) is more effective than the normal deep route. Maybe it's just me, but I find it to be a much more effective way to air it out.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »