Home

Need some help playing DE

This is a discussion on Need some help playing DE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Need some help playing DE

Hey guys, can anyone give me some tips on how to play DE in 2013?

I'm a casual gamer, but I've been playing the NCAA series for years. I'm not great, but one thing I've always been able to do is create a solid pass rush controlling the DE. This year I'm unable to do that, it seems I'm scripted to run directly into the tackle and I can not for the life of me figure out how to disengage him. I try the thumb stick, either nothing happens or he pushes me down. Off the snap I try to take control of my player... nope he runs directly into the tackle. Ok, I move him around on the Dline, he runs directly forward on the snap no matter which way I tell him to run.

So what am I missing here? Have they scripted DE interaction so much that human players have no choice but to blindly run into the waiting tackle? Do I have to take a count of 5 Mississippi before I can control my player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Need some help playing DE

So does the CPU controlled DEs.

Yeah it seems to be scripted to run straight for the OT. I usually play DE to, but you really have no control right after the snap so I went back to controlling the MLB. Another annoying thing is when you play a scrambling QB, 90% of the time after you flick the swim move the QB takes off. I once went a game against Michigan were Robinson only threw it 4-5 times all game because I just kept hitting the swim move once I was forced engaged into the OT and he took off running for no reason.

Last edited by ucas005; 09-07-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same thing here after years of NCAA on PS2 this is the first time playing the PS3 version and I can't get into the backfield. Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

first i suggest using a dt cuz its alot easier to do...but if you assist on using the des simply press the a button n then down on the right stick(rushing arrow on the play art straight down) right as he snaps the ball do your finesse or power moves depending on your attributes ...n bam there ya goe
Old 09-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Honestly, in this game and Madden it's an exercise in frustration, the animations take too long and even with the sliders maxed out to give you every advantage you're still a scrub with the DE.

It's been an issue for years, they need to make a good line play minigame with multiple moves and multiple animations which play out a lot quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »