Home

Does recruiting ATH work out well?

This is a discussion on Does recruiting ATH work out well? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Does recruiting ATH work out well?

I just realized I am recruiting a load of ATH. All look solid but I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with recruiting ATH? Do they usually pan out? Have any turned in to Superstars?
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does recruiting ATH work out well?

Haven't recruited one yet this year. In previous years, I have recruited some fairly successful ones.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

From my experience, yes. In previous years, I woudnt even look in the direction of ATHs. But, this year I try to go for 3-4 ATHs. Most of the ATHs(good ones) have better positional ratings than most of the regular recruits and can be good depth for their secondary positions incase of injury

Most of the +10 Gems are ATHs once you select a position for them.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

MaxVPower's Arena

OVR: 0

Brought in a 4 star Ath that was 6'5" 283 lbs. Could have played any position on the OLine and would have been at least a 75 at each position. Decided to play him at TE where he was a 74 overall. He catches pretty, not too slow but not too quick either. But can absolutely truck some folks run blocking.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Good to hear. I have a few guys that fit obvious positions but a couple that are middle of the road. It should be interesting.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes, very well. Every athlete is solid at minimum of 2 positions, most are good at 3, some are good at 5 or 6 positions. It isn't just that their OVR says that they are good at those positions like would be the case in the past, their individual ratings now back up that OVR rating.

I had one 3* athlete that I signed, come in at 70+ at QB, RB, WR, SS, FS, and 68 and CB.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I picked up 3 athletes that can play QB, RB or WR. A 5* rated 80 for all three positions, a 4* rated 80 for QB and RB and 78 for WR (a Gem, was 74 overall before scouting), and a 5* rated 74 for all three positons (a Bust, was an 80 overal before scouting). I am playing an OD with Baylor. I was the only offer for these guys when they committed (1 after a week 7 visit, 1 after week 12 visit, and 1 after Week 1 Home Visit). All of my other signees were three stars. I'm gonna keep recruiting the heck out of Athletes, need some 4*'s and 5*'s for my lines now.

Would playing an athlete at QB as a true freshman and then moving to RB or WR the next offseason hurt his progression?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

They're really good this year. I've had a few who were 75 at Fs and SS and in the 70s at HB and OLB. They can play on both sides of the ball. Unlike last year where 90% were just CBs or WRs. This year they can go almost anywhere and help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »