Home

Recruiting House Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting House Rules

I'm playing in a dynasty with a 2 star school and in my first year I got 3 **** stars guys and a top 15 recruiting class which I thought was a tad ridiculous. I bumped up for difficulty to Heisman but I still feel recruiting can be "cheap" for the humans. For instance, I can recruit 10 WRs and cut the lowest ones every year which seems very unrealistic.

So do you guys only recruit positions of needs and not use the full 25 scholarships? It seems almost like cheating to use the full 25 scholarships every year and cutting 10 guys that you recruited every year. Ditto with having 10 CBs while other schools struggle to get any *** CBs.

In general what house rules do you follow to ensure your team doesn't get amazing right away and has the proper number of respective */**/***/****/***** recruits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Recruiting House Rules

If I use a team like Penn State, I really don't go by any rules.

Whenever I use smaller schools, like I just started a Dynasty with Washington State, I'll select like one or two four star players and than go on to players who want me (which was only 8 players) and than I look for players who are ranked in the 1,000s.

After that, I'll do the first week of recruiting and than sim the rest of them.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Only house rule I use is not signing more players than spots available on the roster. I'm not too terribly concerned with class rankings, since I've signed plenty of 4 stars who ended up being rated lower than 3 or even 2 star players in my recruiting classes.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Very true lots of busts in the 4 stars sometimes just barely 60 overall players.. I don't use house rules I just play on Heisman.. I agree its pretty way to recruit.. However I usually only recruit pipeline. Very rarely I will recruit out of pipeline usually for a kicker or punter.. Now if I am a powerhouse than I recruit everything..
Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

What I do for one and two star schools is this:

Can recruit any player nationally that is 1* higher than school rating
Can recruit 2* higher than school rating players only if they're pipeline
Can recruit 3* higher than school rating players only if their JUCO

then once my school reaches three stars I can recruit anyone. I feel like this gives pretty realistic recruiting classes, and you really have to search for players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

BlueLuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Using Arkansas State during the 1st season, I had no restrictions. There were about 11 players with me in their top ten.

If I'm a big school like Florida State or Michigan, I normally just give out as many scholarships as I have players graduating. Keeps you from building super-teams with four 90 overalls at every position by year 5.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

I set a cap of not grabbing any players more than 2* above me. It lets me build up a team without getting too many guys who start as freshman.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Only house rule I use is not signing more players than spots available on the roster.
That's what I just started doing, it seems ridiculous to recruit 3 more at a position than you have on a roster spot and then cut upperclassmen who then vanish from the game.
Quote:
I'm not too terribly concerned with class rankings, since I've signed plenty of 4 stars who ended up being rated lower than 3 or even 2 star players in my recruiting classes.
Do you not scout? Do you use that as another house rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider
What I do for one and two star schools is this:

Can recruit any player nationally that is 1* higher than school rating
Can recruit 2* higher than school rating players only if they're pipeline
Can recruit 3* higher than school rating players only if their JUCO

then once my school reaches three stars I can recruit anyone. I feel like this gives pretty realistic recruiting classes, and you really have to search for players
I like this, but my school went to from 2 to 3 stars in one year. Why not continue that house rule even after hitting 3 stars (and cutting out the JUCO restriction)? 3 stars schools really don't have the ability to consistently scout nationally very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuck
If I'm a big school like Florida State or Michigan, I normally just give out as many scholarships as I have players graduating. Keeps you from building super-teams with four 90 overalls at every position by year 5.
This is my favorite. I hated in the past where every position on my team was stacked deep with 80-90 overall players that never played and were basically wasted. I'm going to use this one for sure. Do you have some 2 or 3 star recruits that you get for depth rather than having stars that never play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »