Home

Spread Option Offense Tutorial

This is a discussion on Spread Option Offense Tutorial within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Spread Option Offense Tutorial

First of All, Hi everyone! I am a first time poster (I was going to be until I found out I had to had 5 posts to make this post, boo...), although I have been creepily lurking on here for a long time. Watching your every move....

I have seen several threads recently regarding the spread offense: how to recruit it, run first vs. pass first, etc.... I have seen a couple of threads regarding a tutorial, and a few responders even guided them to smartfootball.com, but I have not seen anyone post some video links (sorry if I just failed to find it)... Until now.

The following links will take you to a series of Youtube videos created by Charles Fisher, otherwise known as Fishduck of Fishduck.com. This is a series of youtube videos that explain basic to intermediate knowledge of how Chip Kelly's Oregon Ducks run the spread option. I am not an Oregon Ducks (M. I. Z....) fan, or at least I wasn't until I started watching his videos. After having played close to 40 games as Oregon on the demo, EA did a pretty good job of emulating the offense. Parts of it are a bit off, but for the most part it is there, and as such I will be using their playbook in all of my dynasties. If you watch these, you will become considerably better at running the read option in NCAA 13. It has made me much better, and I would not consider myself a novice in any way. Watch the videos in order, the total run time is 42 minutes roughly. These videos are made for football fans who are not technically knowledgeable, but that being said, coaches for high schools and small universities across the nation have started using these videos to teach their players the basics of the spread option offense. The last link I will post is to a set of lecture notes from a clinic Chip Kelly gave on the spread option. The videos use it as a reference, and it is necessary to read as it teaches how the zone blocking side of the option works, and I have found it to be accurate in NCAA 13 Demo for the most part.

Videos:

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekf3RGWwqMQ&feature=plcp
#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69NBg...feature=relmfu
#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L1x5...feature=relmfu
#4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvM2K...feature=relmfu

Lecture:

http://www.trojanfootballanalysis.co...oregonruns.pdf

Thanks for reading and enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Spread Option Offense Tutorial

I have found some amazing spread running plays out of the Oregon shotgun. One formation is already going in my playbook as I already have a scheme for it.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Very cool.......thanks for posting this up.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

This is AWESOME! Go Ducks!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Rookie

You are welcome gentlemen.

I am finding plays in game that do not exist in the offense, because someone doesn't realize that ALMOST every run is a zone read. Plays like "Off Tackle" in a 4 wide scenario, which if you know the offense is really an outside zone read and whoever built the play book did not realize it was NOT a designated handoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Highly interesting. Thank you for posting that. I wish every commentator who does Oregon's games would watch these videos.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for posting these videos. Those are good knowledge on the Spread.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

OVR: 0

I cannot find the inside zone read in any of the Oregon shotgun formations. Does anybody know of a shotgun formation with it in there?

These videos were great. Thanks for sharing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »