Home

NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #33
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

Small issue: pride stickers STILL after four years don't appear on the helmet correctly in dynasty mode until a player has a whole bunch of them in later weeks.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So far......CPU QB is 0 for 7 on screen plays. All of them ended up in sacks, with 4 of them resulting in a sack fumble. I thought they said the QB will drift AWAY from the pressure on screens ? All I see them doing is going back back back back in a straight line and then just stand there.

And this on All American.
Same thing with me on All American. I had 5 sacks in the first half and 4 were screen passes.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #35
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Just got hammered 48-21 with USTA at Bryant-Denny (default AA, 7 min, slow speed). I had trouble moving the ball for most of the game. Although, I did have two long TD's late in the 4th quarter to make it somewhat respectable .

Meanwhile, McCarron completed 79% of his passes for 336 yards and 3 TDs and Lacy ran for 153 yards on 19 attempts and had a TD himself, as well. Not bad for default AA.

Other observations : I heard a few new lines of commentary which was nice. It still needs a lot of work to be up to par with a game like MLB 2k, but at least it's better than last year. Also, I'm not sure if it was like this last year or not, but Alabama stadium colors are crimson, but their uniforms are still maroon. Why EA, why?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #36
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Posted this in the video thread and didn't notice this until someone posted a response. Check out the AI by the Washington CB on this read option.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/125467063
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
Rookie

cyclonecountry's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Anyways, weird glitch on PS3, sometimes the playcall menu gets stuck and I have to pause and unpause to get it to unlock.
Just want to confirm that this also exists on the 360. Not just unique to the PS3. Happened twice in the first game I played (Offline Dynasty, Default Sliders, AA Difficulty). I could cycle left and right but not up and down through the different formation sets.

However, being a dynasty guy- I was pretty happy when the first DT (3-star) I scouted (initially a projected 63 overall) turned out to be a "Gem" and ended up being 71 overall. It's a nice touch that's really long overdue.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 10

Wow this has got to be the worst AI ever in a football game. The defense plays flat out stupid in this game. Love the fixes to the passing but I find myself wanting the old physics dbs/lbs if the pass defense is gonna be this dumbed down.

The CPU offensively cannot put a drive together to save their life. Screen Passes are always qb sacks, the option reads are terrible for the qb.

God I pray Maddens AI is not this dumb.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Scrambling QB AI is on point this year. They run with a damn purpose FINALLY. So far I haven't seen any BS sliding for no reason, they actually try to score FINALLY.

CPU RB AI on the other hand, not so much on point so far, I'll play some more against some top level Running Backs and see how they do.

Defensive Backs swat a hell of a lot of balls. No so much a problem for a Human QB because you can lead the WR, CPU QB however don't seem to be leading their WRs to open space at all, instead it looks like they doing the opposite, leading their WR to get jacked up, because I am seeing a lot of CPU WRs getting destroyed because of the QB.

Even though I do see CPU WRs reach for balls and come back for the ball, I haven't seen them jump or try to fight for the ball yet. It is like if the DB is in between them and the ball, they will just watch the DB swat the ball away, instead of trying to go around the DB to catch the ball. Kind of weird considering the DB has no problem going around the WR to intercept or swat the ball at all.

Speaking of, I seen on 5 occasions my WR got mugged by the DB and no pass interference was called. PI slider is on 100.

Oregon silver helmet just looks AWESOME.

Option......broken. Hopefully I can fix it via ratings. It get blown up in the backfield way too often. QB says hike and it is a swarm of players in the backfield from the defense.

Screen plays = sack for the CPU QB majority of the time, only had 2 successful attempts out of 20 tries. Tried HB, WR quick screen, bubble screen, FB screen, middle screen. CPU QB is just plain brain dead on screens.

Crowd sounds awesome !

Commentary.......yeah just turn it off, they stick out like a sore thumb now.

CPU ball carriers still don't seem to use their special moves at all.

Special teams.......of course still the same for the CPU. Better for the human however.

I did have an occasion where the away team was running the clock and this guy yelled: Get off the field !!

Game Tracks are still in the game, they just aren't as frequent as it was last year.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I played one game on default AA, 7 minute quarters. Wisconsin (user) vs. Oregon (CPU).

The result was honestly dreadful. I won 17-0. One of my scores was a CPU interception off an option pitch returned about 10 yards for a TD. Oregon's offense was nonexistent. They ran for a grand total of 16 rushing yards (compare that to the 345 they had in the real matchup last year), yet the QB completed 85% of his passes and still never stiffed the end zone. It was just weird.

There are some things I did like. I appreciated the lack of ridiculous tipped passes. The passing game in general feels a lot better. I guess my main complaint is the way the CPU plays. It just doesn't feel right. The last game I really had fun with was NCAA 11.

Also, there are a lot of little "glitches" or whatever that have been in the game for years and years. For instance, why can I not "lock on" to my punt returner by clicking the R-stick? And you know that glitch you get in the menus where you hold the trigger to scroll through, and it just scrolls down by itself? That's still there after, what, 5 years?

I'll see what I can do with sliders, but if this is going to be yet another iteration where spread option teams suck and require different sliders than pro style teams, I can't see myself giving it very much playing time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »