Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Do you ever have anything positive to say about this game? I've noticed that you're overly critical.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You gotta ignore these dudes, if they're not happy then they're going to try and urinate on everyone else's parade as well.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

That 5 star fullback screen is from NCAA 12 guys
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #35
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Man, I'd go after that 5-star FB like he was the last recruit on earth. I don't even care if it's "not realistic". I want that beast on my team. He can probably destroy at TE as well.

Now..... if they can just get the pancake stats fixed......
Last year I had recruited a fullback at Clemson who came in in the mid-80s with 90 speed as a true freshman. He was the #1 overall FB, I believe 3*. He was without a doubt the single best recruit I've ever had. He was a monster. I played him at HB/FB/TE.

During his 4 year career, I installed 3 different offensive schemes based on the personnel around him and just made sure he got featured. When I had 4 90+ WR's, I ran air raid and he served as my power HB in pistol as well as a blocking back. When I had a few good backs and a quick QB, I ran spread option with him as the dive back.

His final year as a Senior he was 92 overall, 93 speed and I ran Tom Osborne's exact offense from Nebraska and utilized him as the dive back in triple option, the single back in Ace and just an all around power back. Ended up winning the Heisman Trophy.

Absolutely the single best player I have ever recruited. I look forward to NCAA 13 and being able to find another one just like him and adapt the offense to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #36
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I honestly feel indifferent to the phone call pitch. Maybe I'll feel different about it once I actually get to play it, but I feel recruiting needs an overhaul. I'd like for recruiting to be closer to real life, where in June certain teams have 15+ prospects already committed.

I think recruiting will be more enjoyable than 12, and that's def a positive, I just don't think recruiting still is as enjoyable as it should be. Bringing back something that existed before just doesn't give me 'excitement'.

A refocused recruiting system would make me excited.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #37
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
i was not a fan of the roullette style phone calls. so i'm glad to see a return to the old style! i cant wait for this game!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Do you ever have anything positive to say about this game? I've noticed that you're overly critical.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
i don't feel the need to be an apologist nor do i get ad dollars from EA. when they mess up i'll call them on it. when reviewers give the gave an 8.5 and ignore major defects like last year, i'll call their BS
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #39
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
i don't feel the need to be an apologist nor do i get ad dollars from EA. when they mess up i'll call them on it. when reviewers give the gave an 8.5 and ignore major defects like last year, i'll call their BS
Well wouldn't it be better to email EA? You would have a better chance they would listen to you there than here.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #40
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I kind of liked the randomness and challenge of the roulette style calls. At least with those everyone just couldn't spam their best topics; which made it much more difficult. In my OD with smaller schools over half the league had draft classes that was in the lower half of the NCAA. Hopefully, they've at least made it more difficult than how it used to be pre-roulette wheel.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »