Home

New Commentator thought

This is a discussion on New Commentator thought within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
New Commentator thought

During the sound webcast the NCAA dev team mentioned a yet to be named broadcaster. Do you guys think it will be Gus Johnson? I think him because he is now announcing primarily college football. Since Madden will be using a new broadcast team. They should have a lot of lines for Gus already recorded. If not Johnson who do you think it will be?

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Commentator thought

I hope it's not Gus Johnson. Nothing personal, but I find his voice to be annoying and it got old on Madden. I would hope for Rece Davis. Keith Jackson would be the Ultimate, But he is better than the series right now.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

inchez34's Arena

OVR: 5

Hearing how horrible the commentary on Madden was last year really made me dislike hearing his voice, even on TV.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

He sounded terrible on Madden because of EA, not because of himself. Gus Johnson is one of the most exciting commentators to hear. Either way though, I don't mind who gets added, as long as it is done right.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

God, I hope not. I'm in the minority among people I know, but I can't stand Gus. He overhypes even the smallest moment. Give me anyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I would think there is very little chance of it being Gus or any actual commentator because they are supposed to be used as a studio analyst. Unless that's not the mystery personality the keep referring to.

Playbook #3: Dynasty

• Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
  • Check back May 7 for further details, assets and insights from the development team
Old 04-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I would think there is very little chance of it being Gus or any actual commentator because they are supposed to be used as a studio analyst. Unless that's not the mystery personality the keep referring to.

Playbook #3: Dynasty

• Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
  • Check back May 7 for further details, assets and insights from the development team
Yeah, I just think it will be just a person who gives a update or 2 of other games.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, I just think it will be just a person who gives a update or 2 of other games.
That'd be cool provided they don't go all overboard with ERIN ANDREWS(!!!!!)-type stuff all over the place. Way overused without adding any substance. I hated how they'd put her image up over the injured player's stats - it always looked like she was the one that got injured.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »