Home

NCAA run blocking issues

This is a discussion on NCAA run blocking issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
NCAA run blocking issues

So im off for the break and figured id try something to help add to the community improvement of my favorite game. Here is a quick vid illustrating a big problem with blocking

As i said in the vid, players dont react to running a play, they react to an assignment which they dont set properly before the play. I assume that one (or both somehow) of the blockers assigned themselves that defender, but they should have know to break and reassign themselves as soon as he ran in, or did better to get to him (break off their animations) I often see blockers pull and then STOP in the middle of a play to reasign themselves, but this is worse than when they run past someone cause now they are in the way AND not blocking anyone at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmunityBow's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA run blocking issues

I think EA is starting to fix that. Eventually sliders will fix more even though they already fix most of our problems.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

heres another vid illustrating another problem im not sure what happened to the audio halfway through ill try to fix that

Last edited by feeq14; 12-28-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't make the videos play (think its a problem at my end though) - but I can tell you right now one of the biggest problems with the blocking in madden/ncaa is that there is only one blocking scheme implemented in the game (zone blocking).

While this is the most common blocking scheme, you immediately notice issues on different schemes (Option, Power, Trap etc). Because base zone blocking rules produce incorrect assignments on these types of runs, the developers compensated for this by screwing with other things rather than programming each type of blocking scheme correctly (presumably due to time constraints - for example a fake option pass play has a unique blocking scheme/assignment rules which would take just as long to implement as zone blocking yet would be noticed and appreciated by far fewer gamers.

Apologies if this is nothing to do with what your videos are talking about!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

This exactly what I've been bitching about for years. And now that they somewhat fixed zone defense this stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I love this game and feel the same way about it as you do. Not a NFL fan at all. Born and raised in the south where College Football is King. Things like this, is whats made me take a sabbatical from the game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

that second video highlight some deplorable issues: did anyone peep the right handed hip toss that the center does with the ball?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

^Somebody needs to get that dude a basketball.. or maybe a doctor. I can't tell if the ball went inbetween the two legs or THROUGH his leg. Then again he's a bit big for the hardwood.

All the points in this thread are indeed accurate and do indeed need work.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #8
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaSports
^Somebody needs to get that dude a basketball.. or maybe a doctor. I can't tell if the ball went inbetween the two legs or THROUGH his leg. Then again he's a bit big for the hardwood.

All the points in this thread are indeed accurate and do indeed need work.
I just keep running the video at the spot of the snap and I can't control my laughter.....he literally rotates on both feet and throws the ball like a loaf of bread to the QB....in COLLEGE football.....not high school, pop warner, or even those crappy Mexican leagues with 5 yrs olds.....the SEC.....smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »