Home

Is there a way to actually run the Oregon offense?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to actually run the Oregon offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a way to actually run the Oregon offense?

I've had every NCAA since 98' (Wuerffel Cover), and I have usually been a straight up pro-style guy, and I have ran both the triple option and air-raids before, but I decided to give the read option spread a go in my OD w/ Louisville.

The only problem is that I go set my tempo to aggressive, run the no huddle, and of course after I run no huddle runs for 3 plays in a row, on the 4th play, either my QB or RB gets hurt. It never fails.

I understand that the fatigue is setting in, and the game is programmed for fatigue to mean injuries. However, that's not my issue. When they hyped up their no huddle and aggressive tempo features, they said that some teams would be able to do this with less of a penalty, and others would fatigue very quickly.

This is my 2nd year running this offense w/ Louisville, so when will my team be able to run this w/o tiring out so fast? Do I have to have a team that is up-tempo no-huddle out of the box? Or has NCAA just decided that this was cheese for online play, so they nerfed it to where it's impossible to do it like Oregon does IRL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Rookie

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is there a way to actually run the Oregon offense?

Increase stamina and injury ratings...problem solved.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
Increase stamina and injury ratings...problem solved.
lol that's not a good solution if you're in an OD
Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Rookie

^^^^ That.... It's an OD. I just mean is the game pre-programmed where some teams don't get as fatigued as others running the no-huddle, and is there any way to change your team over the course of a dynasty into an Oregon-style no-huddle team?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev45
^^^^ That.... It's an OD. I just mean is the game pre-programmed where some teams don't get as fatigued as others running the no-huddle, and is there any way to change your team over the course of a dynasty into an Oregon-style no-huddle team?
Are you just wanting to run the no huddle aspect or the whole offensive scheme?

If you just want to run an Oregon/Oklahoma tempo, you need to get deep at your skill positions. Even at their fastest speeds, these teams do sub. So what you would want to do is use auto-subs and formation subs to have almost hockey line shifts at skill position.

In one of my dynasties where I run up tempo air raid with a lot of vertical routes, I have a few formations with completely new personnel at WR and HB in it. So I'd run a series of plays up tempo, then switch to the 2nd line package in another formation and go no huddle for a few plays and alternate as much as necessary.

Now as for Oregon's actual offensive scheme, you won't be able to replicate it as well just because of the way the blocking scheme is done in the game. It doesn't transfer over well, but you can get the general idea with inside and outside zone, read, speed option, sweep, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Rookie

no EA sucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »