Home

Miami, LSU, Texas HC job

This is a discussion on Miami, LSU, Texas HC job within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Miami, LSU, Texas HC job

This is it. After 5 years of being the offensive coordinator at Houston, I finally am getting the opportunity to move to the big leagues. 5 straight years of 10 win seasons capped with the most recent BCS bowl bid pushed me over the edge. Miami is my alma matter, but recruiting against Texas showed me this truly is the State of the University of Texas. Recruiting would be a breeze, and the BIG 12 would be nice. LSU gives me the SEC, fertile recruiting ground and such, but I just don't know what to do. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Miami, LSU, Texas HC job

I would take Texas. Run the Big12 for awhile, then move to the SEC and renew the Horns v A&M rivalry. Once you did that you could still recruit Texas, dip a tad more into Florida for recruiting and you would have the added benifit of being in the SEC.

Im currently the OC at WKU, I moved them to C-USA and Im doing well. I also put Middle Tennessee in there just so I would have an annual rival to play. This is my second year and I run a fast-paced, no huddle "Hybrid Spread" custom playbook. It includes alot of two TE spread formations, the Wing Shotgun formations, Wildcat spread, the basic 4-wide shotgun formation, Gator Heavy, and two 5-wide sets, one with my HB in the slot and one without. I also have three pistol formations, all including the FB and/or TE in the backfield for more of a power running game. I had to play this season with true freshman at QB, TE (a huge position in my offense), one of my HB spots, and two of my WR's (one slot and one out wide).

With those guys in place Im on my way to playing Houston in the C-USA championship. My schedule looks like this, sorry for the lack of scores but I cant remember them exactly. Although I know all of them were shoot outs and most of the time my QB, SWR(WB), and HB have all crossed or right at the edge of 100 yards (I put an emphisis on running the ball).

LSU-W
UK-L
Cinncy-L
WVU-W
Memphis-W
ECU-W
Marshall-W
Tulane-W
MTSU-W
UAB-L
Southern Miss-W

Theres one or two more I cant recall off the top of my head, but they were W's. Last year was terrible, just a game over .500 I believe. I was just wondering how your success was and how long it took you to get "THE" job?

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm on Heisman for Game and Recruiting
Year1- 11-3 didn't make it to C-USA Championship but won bowl game. No job offers whatsoever
Year2- 12-2 Won C-USA A few weak OC job offers
Year3- 12-2 Won C-USA Some more weak OC job offers
Year4-12-2 Won C-USA Got some BCS OC gigs but didn't take'm
Year5-12-2 Won C-USA and won Fiesta Bowl vs. Ga Tech. Got all my offers

Thing about Houston is you get at least four 4 stars from Texas so it's easy to build. Took me a while but i'm happy I can now compete for National championships instead of C-USA. Goodluck! I'll post later where I end up going.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfield824
I'm on Heisman for Game and Recruiting
Year1- 11-3 didn't make it to C-USA Championship but won bowl game. No job offers whatsoever
Year2- 12-2 Won C-USA A few weak OC job offers
Year3- 12-2 Won C-USA Some more weak OC job offers
Year4-12-2 Won C-USA Got some BCS OC gigs but didn't take'm
Year5-12-2 Won C-USA and won Fiesta Bowl vs. Ga Tech. Got all my offers

Thing about Houston is you get at least four 4 stars from Texas so it's easy to build. Took me a while but i'm happy I can now compete for National championships instead of C-USA. Goodluck! I'll post later where I end up going.

Dang, I would just move Houston to Big XII, y'all are way too good for the C-USA
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

Im playing on AA with S.O.S slider sets, his sliders work perfect for me. My backs are fast but my o-line is weak so if they can hold em long enough for my to hit the hole Im good, but thats a big if. I feel like his sliders make this happen in a realistic fashion. However, beating LSU was just luck. Theres no way I could win that game again. They were beating me soundly until midway through the 3rd and with my offense if they get rolling I can catch up quick. I think me constantly running finally got to them. DB's started crashing in and I would flip it out to the HB on the option for a big gainer. There wasnt a drive that was a good, solid consistant drive. It was a lot of me beating my head against a wall, then hitting a seam and being gone.

As far as your situation, I would almost be inclined to stay at Houston (if their stadium and uniforms werent so bad. AD mode anyone??) but as it is I think I would pack up and move to Austin.

I think I might ride out the players I have at WKU and jump ship Meyer style as the skill players leave since I dont think I could find any other athletes that good to want to come to Bowling Green, KY. Place sucks in real life, I can imagine how ****ty cyber BG is.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
Rookie

I my heart was telling me to go to Miami, but they just don't have the players to win for the long run. Perhaps they'll become better and I can go to my dream school at another time. I than checked out Texas and LSU, and LSU had the younger players, but Texas had the long term recruiting roots. I ended up going to LSU because of the level of competition weekly, the young kids on the squad that fit my personal system, and the fact that I love competition. I am just happy I built Houston into a power. They're now number 15 in the nation and undefeated.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

go to Miami and bring them back man! i'd do it if it were my alma mater.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
go to Miami and bring them back man! i'd do it if it were my alma mater.

Yeah I agree I would of took the Miami job. Its easy to take over a great team and win and recruit. It would be fun to rebuild a team into a winner. Miami would not be to hard either with Florida being rich in recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »