Home

Do punts ever have a "good" bounce?

This is a discussion on Do punts ever have a "good" bounce? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Twizler's Arena

OVR: 1
Do punts ever have a "good" bounce?

I just recently realized... Through all of the months I have been playing this game, I don't think I have ever seen a punted ball bounced away from the end zone. Has anyone ever had a ball bounce in (or against) their favor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
No, not ever

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Do punts ever have a "good" bounce?

I have in fact seen some punts slow down before ending up in the endzone, but it is VERY RARE! In 200+ games I've played I've maybe seen it like 3-4 times tops. It definitely needs worked on. I don't remember having such a problem with punts in past iterations that I have this year.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Twizler's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
I have in fact seen some punts slow down before ending up in the endzone, but it is VERY RARE! In 200+ games I've played I've maybe seen it like 3-4 times tops. It definitely needs worked on. I don't remember having such a problem with punts in past iterations that I have this year.
I too have seen the ball slow down after the returner calls a fair catch. The worst is when the ball stops right on the goal line. I've had that happen maybe 3 times
Old 11-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

the ball doesn't have a "good bounce" it hits once then just magically sticks where it lands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

This year's version severely penalizes punters trying to pin the other team deep. You have to push all the way up on the left stick and kick it sky high, but even that wont keep balls from bouncing into the end zone. Anything hitting just inside the 10 will be a touchback. I've had exactly ONE punt that I was able to down on the one yard line in 9 seasons of my dynasty.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

If I don't punt the ball to one of the sidelines and hope for a sideways bounce...which does happen...or kick it kinda soft short hopping line drive away from the returner, it's kind of hard to pin the other team deep or down the ball.

The ball rarely bounces backwards...it's pretty much a guarantee that the ball will bounce into the endzone.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never seen the ball bounce backwards or even straight up. It's hard to believe that the ball only bounces in mainly one direction, towards the goal line, after it hits the ground during a punt. I know it has been in prior versions of NCAA football games during this gen. Either way this game needs alot of work when it comes to special teams play. It's been neglected as long as I can remember.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »