Home

Anybody else have a problem with pass protection?

This is a discussion on Anybody else have a problem with pass protection? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anybody else have a problem with pass protection?

With pass rush turned down to 45 on All-American and pass protection at 50, I just graduated a four year starter who was sacked 168 times in 4 years.

Also, in a recent user v. user online dynasty game, I was sacked 5 times and my opponent 4.

We play 7 minute quarters.

It seems the DTs beat the guards way to often as they get most of the sacks.

Anybody else have this experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Rookie

tahjimoto's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody else have a problem with pass protection?

yea im getting like 75 sacks a year using marshall in my offline dynasty.

with cpu blocking on 65

and my pass defense on 45.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATDAMNGOOD
With pass rush turned down to 45 on All-American and pass protection at 50, I just graduated a four year starter who was sacked 168 times in 4 years.

Also, in a recent user v. user online dynasty game, I was sacked 5 times and my opponent 4.

We play 7 minute quarters.

It seems the DTs beat the guards way to often as they get most of the sacks.

Anybody else have this experience?
ME!! I've had the same issues with a variety of different slider sets, too. I just finished up year two of an Arkansas off-line dynasty, and Tyler Wilson left with between 80-90 sacks in his two years as a starter.

Same problem in other offline dynasties, too. My QB ends up getting sacked 40-50 times a season. I think my low is 35 or 36. On the flip-side, I can usually get my fair share of sacks too, though.

Last edited by hoopla32; 09-29-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I didn't until this most recent dynasty. I don't know what is going on but I have about a second to get the ball off before I'm running for my life. I don't know if it is sliders or my line just isn't good this season, but I literally get ZERO pass protection. I am throwing about 50%, but I've been sacked 20 times in 8 games and that doesn't include dozens of times I got hit as I threw and it fell incomplete. I probably would have been sacked more had I just not abandoned the passing game all together. I've only attempted 127 pass attempts in 8 games.

It's weird, the animations where defensive linemen disengage when you press sprint running with the HB seem to be effecting me a ton in the passing game. There are times when automatically the two DT's will swim past my interior line at the same time and be in my face.

At least I am still 7-1.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
Rookie

PikesPeakUC's Arena

OVR: 0

Anytime I come out in a five wide set, the defense usually responds by playing in Quarter, and the DT always rips right through my center and sacks the QB. It's really changed the entire way I call offense. Even rushing three, the d-line gets in really quickly, so I've gone to a more conservative gameplan. My center is a 90 overall, and it doesn't matter if I play Alabama or Akron, the DT gets the same amount of pressure out of Quarter against the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

Not with the sliders I'm using. I try to get the ball out quickly too. If it is a route that takes a long time to develop, you have to move around in the pocket.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikesPeakUC
Anytime I come out in a five wide set, the defense usually responds by playing in Quarter, and the DT always rips right through my center and sacks the QB. It's really changed the entire way I call offense. Even rushing three, the d-line gets in really quickly, so I've gone to a more conservative gameplan. My center is a 90 overall, and it doesn't matter if I play Alabama or Akron, the DT gets the same amount of pressure out of Quarter against the pass.
Same here. I wanted to run a balanced spread offense, half Oregon-half Oklahoma State, but I can't get the passing half to work at all in this dynasty I'm in because I just have no time. The interior of the DL blows right through the interior of my offensive line within 2 seconds and I'm running for my life or getting smacked as I try and throw a 5 yard route. I'm not commish of the OD so I can't control the sliders, but I had to significantly change what I do.

I went from a balanced spread attack to creating Tom Osborne's option offense (plus Wishbone) and running it 50 times a game. My last game was 50 rushes for 470 yards and 7 TD, 2 of 3 passing for 5 yards. I guess whatever works but the ease at which the interior of the line walks through my line is troubling.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know if they tuned it differently with the latest patch or what, but I was seeing the same thing for a while. I was getting 1-2 seconds to throw the ball.

It felt more like an NFL pass rush than a collegiate one. And this was Pitt and Maryland!

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »