Home

Recruiting with Powerhouses

This is a discussion on Recruiting with Powerhouses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8
Recruiting with Powerhouses

So after downloading Skillz roster, I started my 2nd NCAA 12 dyansty with my favorite school LSU and though the gameplay has been fun...I hate the recruiting. With Stanford, my only real competition was USC and Oregon but they were basically on my level since both failed to meet expectations while my recruiting pool went up after winning a championship and a 2nd one.

But with LSU (made a new coach btw) I have to deal with Oklahoma, Texas, Florida and Alabama, which doesn't even include OK state, Auburn, A&M, SC, FSU and Georgia.
I don't mind the increase in recruiting opponents as much as the quality. The first 4 teams I listed have at least a B in most categories and mostly As so it just feels like i'm relying more on hope that the recruits prefer me and that my strength's and their interest match-up. It's not as fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting with Powerhouses

I wouldn't say it's hope that you rely on, it's more persistance. when you're the only big fish all you have to do is express interest in a recruit and they're ready to sign. When you're competing with other big fish, you have to use your hours wisely. Knowing who you can dial back on and not lose ground and knowing when to out that 60 min in.

Another key component is knowing when to cut your loses. If you're down 300-400 pts, cut the prospect off your list and keep moving, don't pour in 60 min, it's a waste.

Hope this helps!

I use Penn St. and I always recruit very heavily against OSU and Mich, as well as smaller schools like Rutgers and Syracuse that will take a recruit from me if i don't pay them enough attention. It's meant to be challenging. Also, what level do you recruit on? I use AA
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

You think you have it tough? Try putting ul monroe in the sec like I did in my old dynasty,.pure HELL
Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Try Heisman, let's say it isn't easy
Old 09-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.V.A.
I wouldn't say it's hope that you rely on, it's more persistance. when you're the only big fish all you have to do is express interest in a recruit and they're ready to sign. When you're competing with other big fish, you have to use your hours wisely. Knowing who you can dial back on and not lose ground and knowing when to out that 60 min in.

Another key component is knowing when to cut your loses. If you're down 300-400 pts, cut the prospect off your list and keep moving, don't pour in 60 min, it's a waste.

Hope this helps!

I use Penn St. and I always recruit very heavily against OSU and Mich, as well as smaller schools like Rutgers and Syracuse that will take a recruit from me if i don't pay them enough attention. It's meant to be challenging. Also, what level do you recruit on? I use AA
I quit going after them if I'm down by 200. If the CPU is going after someone hard, chances are I'm not going to get them unless I get a well timed x2 week.

I don't even add prospects to my board if I'm down by more than 200 to start with (except for when I look at the prospects later in the year and notice that no one is going after them)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

ShaggyUte's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
I quit going after them if I'm down by 200. If the CPU is going after someone hard, chances are I'm not going to get them unless I get a well timed x2 week.

I don't even add prospects to my board if I'm down by more than 200 to start with (except for when I look at the prospects later in the year and notice that no one is going after them)
200? I think you are missing out on recruits. Then again it depends on who you play with. I usually play with Utah or Utah St and I ditch recruits after getting behind by 400-500. I've picked up a few recruits even after I've gone down to 500 behind. It's rare but it happens and usually it's near the end of the recruiting season.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

All-American is the way to go with recruiting, very realistic. It's extremely difficult to get even pipeline recruits on Heisman, but AA is the perfect balance imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »