Home

leaving for draft sucks

This is a discussion on leaving for draft sucks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
leaving for draft sucks

how come some players will not stay no matter how much you try to convince them? just because my 85 overall redshirt sophomore RG had a great season doesnt mean hes a sure thing in the nfl yet hes dead set on entering the draft.
the problem is that i play on AA and like to run the ball alot. therefore, my HB's always have great rushing stats and win awards and then leave after one year as starter. i have never had an elite running back because they always freakin go pro before they get really good!
is there anyway to turn off underclassmen going pro? or some other way to keep them from leaving? it really messes with my recruiting when four starters decide to go pro and now i have huge holes in my depth chart and no way to fill them before the next season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: leaving for draft sucks

1. Build depth
2. That's real life
Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Rookie

and how come ONLY non seniors leave for the draft?
oklahoma has an 88 jr going pro but a 97 rolb graduating?
seniors never leave for pro draft for some reason
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackbabyathletics
and how come ONLY non seniors leave for the draft?
oklahoma has an 88 jr going pro but a 97 rolb graduating?
seniors never leave for pro draft for some reason
If it says graduating then that means there seniors, they will still go pro, and it only says pro draft if it is early
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes there is a way.

First though, I'd like to say that I actually LOVE experiencing these hardships. I get pissed at first, but these and other hardships give my dynasty another breath of life making it worth playing.

Here's how:

At the end of your season, make a backup of your dynasty and MAKE SURE you create the backup BEFORE you advance to end of season. The players actually make their decision about leaving during the Advance to End of Season stage OR the Advance to Offseason stage instead of during the beginning stage of the off season. I can't remember which so to be safe, create your backup before you Advance to end of season.

If you can't get a player to stay, simply load your backup and advance to end of season and then to offseason and when you get to "players leaving" you will have different results in which the player is either no longer leaving or is able to be convinced to stay. This also works for generating a different batch of offseason recruits.

Reloading your dynasty from the beginning of offseason does not change anything. You have to go back further and reload your dynasty at a time prior to Advance to season end if you want different auto-generated results during offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I wish Chizik could've turned off Nick Fairley and CN...

Real life, brah.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

This is actually a feature of the game I really like. Sometimes you can get lucky and keep them (ala LaMicheal James electing to comeback after a 1700yd season), and sometimes your star QB and one of your star wideouts leave early (ala Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate)

You just never know, and that keeps things interesting.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackbabyathletics
how come some players will not stay no matter how much you try to convince them? just because my 85 overall redshirt sophomore RG had a great season doesnt mean hes a sure thing in the nfl yet hes dead set on entering the draft.
the problem is that i play on AA and like to run the ball alot. therefore, my HB's always have great rushing stats and win awards and then leave after one year as starter. i have never had an elite running back because they always freakin go pro before they get really good!
is there anyway to turn off underclassmen going pro? or some other way to keep them from leaving? it really messes with my recruiting when four starters decide to go pro and now i have huge holes in my depth chart and no way to fill them before the next season
Mark Sanchez.

Question about this. Do you have to have Sophmores or Juniors leaving for the draft in order for your pro factory to go up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »