Home

Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

This is a discussion on Can someone help me run the ball against cpu? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

Splitscreenprod's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

Ok. I'm not a harcore player but I do half way enjoy a realistic game. I am playing as Florida State in All-American dynasty year 1. I am having a rough time running the ball. E.J. Manuel puts up 300 yards a game, but my team running is usually 20 carries 40-60 yards. I have tried I-form Ace, Goalline, Pistol, Option, run up the middle draw everything I can figure out and absolutely no luck. I know I know open the ground game up with the pass, but with Manuel putting up 300 yards shouldn't that give me some sort of ability to run up the middle especially against maryland and lamonroe? Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Can someone help me run the ball against cpu?

I'll try 3 angles: sweep, power (just off the tackle) and draw straight up and really watch how the D reacts to each type.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

move ur rb ability to 60 and when you play you may have to mess with the gameplan to get your line to hold longer,big run and impact blocking. also use the steering it helps get through the holes and break tackles. Practice this first and get used to how thompson runs . He's a beast if you know what to do with him.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not sure if this is what you are doing but.......many people hit the sprint button as soon as the back getes the ball. Often times this leads to getting to the hole before the OL has actually had time to open it. I try to wait until I see the hole before hitting the sprint button and on many occasions it gives me more time to react and often I find a hole thats not where it was supposed to be. So my advice is patience in finding the hole and more times than not, you can turn that 2 yd run off tackle into a 6yd run off of guard and vice versa.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitscreenprod
Ok. I'm not a harcore player but I do half way enjoy a realistic game. I am playing as Florida State in All-American dynasty year 1. I am having a rough time running the ball. E.J. Manuel puts up 300 yards a game, but my team running is usually 20 carries 40-60 yards. I have tried I-form Ace, Goalline, Pistol, Option, run up the middle draw everything I can figure out and absolutely no luck. I know I know open the ground game up with the pass, but with Manuel putting up 300 yards shouldn't that give me some sort of ability to run up the middle especially against maryland and lamonroe? Please help.
Try turning down CPU tackling to 10, I have done that and have good success. Actually, I think I am going to have to try turning it back up some, not sure how much though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Im not sure if this is what you are doing but.......many people hit the sprint button as soon as the back getes the ball. Often times this leads to getting to the hole before the OL has actually had time to open it. I try to wait until I see the hole before hitting the sprint button and on many occasions it gives me more time to react and often I find a hole thats not where it was supposed to be. So my advice is patience in finding the hole and more times than not, you can turn that 2 yd run off tackle into a 6yd run off of guard and vice versa.
I agree with this. Turn off your auto sprint and use it as described above. Know where your holes should be and where your blockers are going and follow them.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

running is the easiest thing in this game...but u gotta be patient. lay off the turbo until u identify the hole and hit it as earlier stated. besides, ur more agile and can move laterally better when not on turbo. then u can boost thru the hole when u get it. and follow the blocks that are layed in front of u. blockers sometimes do something unpredictable, but since ncaa11...they usually do the smart thing and will lead u to the 2nd level. just last night i was playing with uconn. had that running gm working with DJ Shoemate. 3 long tds just because i followed blocks. had one where i slowed down to follow the G as he ran up to the 2/3 level and took out the safety to spring me. so beautiful following ur blocks.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i am having incredible success on all american (no slider adjustments) with any singleback formation , with hb dive / hb sprint 8 -10 yards a carry . and can do it almost at will , but can not establish run with any other plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »