Home

A Perfect Dynasty for NCAA 13 and Beyond

This is a discussion on A Perfect Dynasty for NCAA 13 and Beyond within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #57
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A Perfect Dynasty for NCAA 13 and Beyond

Its prolly been said before but, I think the total of Conference Prestige should be based on the teams that are members of the conference not an arbitrary stat.

If for some reason all the Texas teams left the BigXII and with Nebraska & Colorado gone, would the conference still be a B+? I mean if you replace the Alabama, Auburn and Florida with Memphis, UAB and South Florida...would the SEC still honestly be an A+ rated conference?

The teams should make up the total and this would help direct its choices for who would eventually become members. Lets face it, three winning seasons at Tulane shouldn't get you an invite to the SEC...

Just my .02 worth...
Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #58
Rookie

SammyC14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC14
Great post and I agree 100%. I used to love the Heisman presentation and the Sports Illustrated covers. It grabbed my attention every week to see if our team/player made the cover (much like I did back in high school on Saturday mornings to see if my team made the cover). I am not as astute on my video game history as most of you I am sure, but I believe it was even NFL2K6 that had Sports Center highlights of various games from around the league! How awesome would that be to bring that back and into NCAAA!?!

It's a great game and just as most competitors do and should think, to be the best that ever was (to quote the great Roy Hobbs) you should always look for ways to improve day in and day out. Your either getting better or worse, you never stay the same.
After a bit of research the game I was referring to was ESPN NFL2K5
Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #59
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

Seeing this thread made me want to fire up NCAA 06 on the original xbox, and it blows me away how in-depth dynasty is. I loaded an ollllld dynasty I had back in the day and the first Sports Illustrated Magazine cover I see is one that says, "An inquiry found #1 Ohio State guilty, costing them 10 scholarships."

Seriously?

This game can predict the future? Haha, but in all seriousness, that is pretty freaking amazing. I think I'm gonna play this game until 12 gets a patch to fix all these screwy bugs.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #60
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

All I have to say is that this is an outstanding thread, and everyone should like and please keep it bumped so the devs can see.

As far as the guy saying it's too much: Really?

He's not even asking for a huge slew of things. Every single one of these things is doable in one year, maybe two max. The only issues they'd run into is if they devoted all their resources to cra --- I mean stuff like Road to Glory and Season Showdown again.

Gameplay, online, and dynasty need to be the three things that are ALWAYS tooled and added on each year. I see no reason why all those things he mentioned can't be put in for next year.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
All I have to say is that this is an outstanding thread, and everyone should like and please keep it bumped so the devs can see.

As far as the guy saying it's too much: Really?

He's not even asking for a huge slew of things. Every single one of these things is doable in one year, maybe two max. The only issues they'd run into is if they devoted all their resources to cra --- I mean stuff like Road to Glory and Season Showdown again.

Gameplay, online, and dynasty need to be the three things that are ALWAYS tooled and added on each year. I see no reason why all those things he mentioned can't be put in for next year.
Crap? I for one find that laughable. Do I agree with you, I very much do. I am a Dynasty guy all the way, and don't plan on playing Road to glory. But many people were excited to play RTG, and I don;t think it's fair to take that away from people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #62
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

I never said they should take it out. I said they shouldn't be devoting half the resources to improving it.

If people are playing a college football game to play a college football RPG, there's something wrong with that.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #63
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Great opening post, but if they bring back violations I won't be buying unless there's an option to turn it off. I HATED that to the point where I just reloaded my dynasty over and over again until the violation didn't happen. .
Agreed 100%. As is usually the story, it was an incredibly overdone feature and I would expect the same if it were brought back. It's the one realistic thing I think the game can do without, and if they do add it, please, please, please allow us the option to turn it off.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #64
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

This is why I still play NCAA 06. Heisman presentation, magazine, pride stickers (actual number of how many players had when looking at the player, similar to All-American notifications now), running over a coach, the ref, or the chain gang, and player discipline. All that stuff immerses you in the game. Now we run through refs and have no presentation whatsoever in the game, which has sucked the life right out of the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »