Home

Restrictions playing as Ohio State

This is a discussion on Restrictions playing as Ohio State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Restrictions playing as Ohio State

As a Buckeyes fan, naturally I'm going to start a dynasty using OSU. I'm going to make it as realistic as possible, so I'm planning on benching the naughty players (Herron, Posey, etc.) until their suspension is over.

On top of this, anyone have any suggestions on how to "fake" some impending sanctions from NCAA? Obviously, I can't turn down bowl offers, but I was thinking in terms of recruiting, etc.

Initial thoughts/possibilities:
* Limit number of 5 star recruits I can go after for first three years
* Limit time I can spend from 10 hrs. a week to 7 (or something)
* Only offer 15 scholarships a year for first few years (or something like this)

Any one else have any ideas or ways they are dealing with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Restrictions playing as Ohio State

As fellow Buckeye fan, I would suggest you remove Pryor since he's actually no longer on the team. You can get a roster now that reflects this, plus it adds Taylor Graham who wasn't on the roster before. =)
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

You could penalize yourself by not using the chamionship contender pitch for 1 year. That way, it would also be acting as if you had a 1yr bowl ban.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Yeah, you could enforce a bowl ban...lose 7 games in year one.

I like what you plan to do with recruiting, etc, good ideas, and not playing the bad boys lol.

I want to do that as well but I don't play with OSU. Can I bench them for 5 games and then put them back as starters?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
As fellow Buckeye fan, I would suggest you remove Pryor since he's actually no longer on the team. You can get a roster now that reflects this, plus it adds Taylor Graham who wasn't on the roster before. =)

I have downloaded a roster that does not include Pryor. I'll probably start the season out with Bauserman splitting time with Miller.

I like the idea of not using the championship contender pitch as well. As of now, my plan is:

* no championship contender pitch - 2 years
* only 7 hours recruiting a week
* I can only put 3 5 star guys on my board - 2 years
* only sign 15 total players - 2 years

Don't know if that is too harsh or too lenient...I guess since the real NCAA determination isn't fully out, it's tough to compare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Yeah, you could enforce a bowl ban...lose 7 games in year one.

I like what you plan to do with recruiting, etc, good ideas, and not playing the bad boys lol.

I want to do that as well but I don't play with OSU. Can I bench them for 5 games and then put them back as starters?

I haven't looked at the editing functions for other teams. Don't know if you can reorder their rosters manually.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm also a fellow Buckeye, but I'm also a very well informed one...and can tell you with 100% certainty that the chances of us having a bowl ban are slim to none with slim recently leaving town. Never before in NCAA history has a team been given a bowl ban without forst getting a Lack of Institutional Control and/or Failure to Monitor charge by the NCAA, neither of which we got. Heck, UNC somehow even avoided those charges despite having 10x worse infractions than us. So if you want to be realistic, play the bowl game.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
I'm also a fellow Buckeye, but I'm also a very well informed one...and can tell you with 100% certainty that the chances of us having a bowl ban are slim to none with slim recently leaving town. Never before in NCAA history has a team been given a bowl ban without first getting a Lack of Institutional Control and/or Failure to Monitor charge by the NCAA, neither of which we got. Heck, UNC somehow even avoided those charges despite having 10x worse infractions than us. So if you want to be realistic, play the bowl game.
I like your confidence. I hope you are right. I'm not quite as assured will escape a bowl ban, but it would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »