Home

An idea popped into my head...

This is a discussion on An idea popped into my head... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
An idea popped into my head...

So this morning I was thinking about how stupid it is that if you take over as a coordinator in your dynasty, you don't have the option to play the other side of the ball. I'm sure some people will love it that way, but I'm also sure other people are like me and would want to play both sides. Same thing with in-dynasty player editing. It's just a no-brainer that with fundamental elements of the gameplay experience like these, we should have the option to choose how we want our burger cooked, and not be told what we can and can't do. But anyway, as I was mulling over this element of the new Coaching Carousel, an idea popped into my head....

The only time it should be like this would be in a "Coaching Carousel Online-Dynasty." How cool would it be if you could set up the format of an online dyansty so that you could only be the Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, or Defensive Coordinator of a program. Then throw in like 60 other users and what do you have? Madness. Think about it. You could have 3 users all controlling the same team. The Offensive Coordinator calls and runs the offensive plays. The Defensive Coordinator calls and runs the defensive plays. The Head Coach makes all the big picture calls, such as recruiting, scheduling, and depth chart. And how successful each one is perceived to be and ultimately becomes is largely connected to how good the others are.

Obviously a lot of things would have to happen to make this work. EA would have to figure out a way to get a ton of users into the same dynasty and then let 4 users control one online game. The Head Coach would have to have full control over hiring and firing the coordinators. There would also have to be more incentive to being a Head Coach. The first thing I can think of would be a more dynamic recruiting system, but there would have to be other things too. There would also have to be dynamic Coach AI for the CPU controlled teams. I'm assuming since this will be the first year of CC that there will be a few hiccups in the hiring/firing process. It would have to be challenging to become a hot coaching prospect, and the timing of when spots open would have to be dynamic as well.

So while right now it doesn't seem plausible, but if 4 or 5 years down the road EA revamps recruiting to make it a complex and challenging feature and also perfects the AI of coaching carousel, I think this would be an awesome feature. What say you OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: An idea popped into my head...

To your first paragraph just become the head coach problem solved. I like the rest of your idea
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I would like the option if you're a head coach and dominate college football there is an option to "jump to Madden?" like importing draft classes and go big time.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
To your first paragraph just become the head coach problem solved. I like the rest of your idea
Yea, I guess. But if I just want to be a high profile Offensive Coordinator at a big school for my whole career (dynasty), it would be nice to be able to play the teams defense just for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I would like the option if you're a head coach and dominate college football there is an option to "jump to Madden?" like importing draft classes and go big time.
Yes!!!!! Had not even thought about that. If there was the same kind of feature on Madden, you could make them interchangeable. That would be bad-***!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

Moylan is right about just being the head coach. But i think that the head coach should also play the game and even have the option to play just a specific side of the ball in game while also controlling the recruiting, etc head coaching tasks. Because in real life, head coaches were once D.Cs or O.Cs. so in a dynasty they should play one side of the ball and preferably choose the offense's or defense's play (not both). This would be the incentive to being a head coach.

I know you may be thinkin well why be a coordinator if someone else, is gonna do my job, and the answer would be that you choose the starters since their arent position coaches and if your side of the ball produces great number for a couple of years, you will be offered a hc job. But the schools will also be taking a gamble since they cant be sure how much of the offense's defense's success depended on you--just like what you see irl.

Now two people playing as one team may sound hectic but it will represent a hc and whether or not his coordinator are on the same page and will force teamwork. It would be nice if schools could also look at how many missed assignments/game changing plays their candidate had while deciding if to hire or not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

As interesting as this idea sounds online dynasties have a hard enough time staying alive when there is only one person controlling a team.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Why in God's name would anyone want to "jump to Madden"??? Screw the NFL and all their greed. Stay in college football where all the pageantry and great history and excitement is at.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

because it happens? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to downtalk the idea. Plus its a video game, gives something else to do in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »