Home

First NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on First NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #129
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching carousel is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Once you play College Hoops 2k8 you will see how big of an impact coach ratings have. A coach can make or break a program in real life and in 2k8. It may hurt recruiting in NCAA 12 which could bring a program down, but thats where it stops.

There are some coaches in my 2k8 legacy that can get good players, but their schemes are so terrible they leave the team off worse, then there are coaches that have their teams play a lot better than they are. The past few seasons in my legacy The Citadel has played me really tough because of their new coach. Now he has also recruited well and they have the 2nd best team in the conference and I am a little afraid at seeing how that works out. He already has shown he can get teams to play a lot better than they are, so that team he has now should easily challenge me for the conference title.
I've never even played a basketball game on the 360, but I have heard about 2k8 coaching carousel and that's what made me so hopeful for NCAA to bring it to the table. Man, hopefully they can get it to that point and this year's system doesn't disappoint. I agree the ratings may not go into that much detail, but you have to agree it's much easier for a coach to make an impact in basketball than football.

I guess we'll have to wait until the 23rd before we hear what exactly these ratings mean huh?

Last edited by arobbi3; 05-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #130
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Exactly. No offense/defense ratings, so a Rich Rod style guy will have a high prestige but not be a detriment to the defense. As I said a month ago, I'm fine with this, but I'm SHOCKED there's no outrage over this, since everyone basically told me off when I said it would be like this.
Wouldn't separate coach prestige ratings (for offense and defense) possibly affect recruiting of offensive and defensive players? That's my thought anyway.

The obvious affect of coaching changes is recruiting pull and system changes. I'm interested to see if it goes beyond that, though.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #131
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Once you play College Hoops 2k8 you will see how big of an impact coach ratings have. A coach can make or break a program in real life and in 2k8. It may hurt recruiting in NCAA 12 which could bring a program down, but thats where it stops.

There are some coaches in my 2k8 legacy that can get good players, but their schemes are so terrible they leave the team off worse, then there are coaches that have their teams play a lot better than they are. The past few seasons in my legacy The Citadel has played me really tough because of their new coach. Now he has also recruited well and they have the 2nd best team in the conference and I am a little afraid at seeing how that works out. He already has shown he can get teams to play a lot better than they are, so that team he has now should easily challenge me for the conference title.
I see what you are saying, but even if ratings for specific coach attributes are not in, it's still a huge step up above what we've had, and at the very least shows EA is listening. I think when the blog is released, we'll see that CPU recruiting has been improved because coaching styles will matter now. I just can't see them introducing custom playbooks, various coaching styles, and coaching carousel, but not tying them together. I believe that is what this next blog will be introducing. So at the very least, option teams will recruit scramling QBs and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #132
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

This is AMAZING! Coaching carousel is exactly what I wanted and the conference changes and custom playbooks are great too! Thank you EA!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #133
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
The rankings will keep the upper echelon teams from hiring coaches with a C, D, F prestige. The rating may not directly affect the team, but it should keep the hirings as realistic as possible for each position on each team.

If you think about it, the players rankings are what contributes to the team's success. The best rating could do for coaches would be recruiting, maybe with a higher rating better play calls when the comp sims games? I think the rating of the coaches is being looked into too deeply.
You've never played College Hoops. The game revolves around the coaches, and a coach's rating can just make or break a program. You get a coach who can recruit but can't develop players? You have real life Miami, where all the talent in the world can't help you win. You can get a coach who can get the most out of his players, and you have a TCU, who takes those 3 stars and turns them into good players. Then you just have the coaches who can do it all, and they take programs to the top. I've seen UNC plummet after Roy Williams retires, and the same with Duke. I've also seen Minnesota turn into a national power because the hire 3 straight coaches who fit perfectly.

Again, I'm happy with moving playbooks. But it's not a true coaching carousel until you see ratings, with coaches actually affecting the player development.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #134
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
Front page of ign. Sorry on my iPhone, can a mod post a link?

Edit: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169273p1.html
OH MY SWEET JESUS!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling. Midnight buy. Now off to clean my jeans. Happy dance, happy dance!!!!!!!!!!! Full disclosure: I just closed the door to my office and jumped up and down several times. hahaha
Old 05-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #135
Rookie

luvlyzero's Arena

OVR: 0

We are all going to be in football video game heaven in a few very long months!!!
I'm shocked at how impressive all of the improvements are to the career modes this year! I have been hoping for coaching carousel for so long! And it's looking like they implemented it better than I thought they would.

The guy talking in the video for IGN must be the Mizzou fan from the video from last week.
I didn't much care for his "Kansas Lamehawks" comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #136
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You've never played College Hoops. The game revolves around the coaches, and a coach's rating can just make or break a program. You get a coach who can recruit but can't develop players? You have real life Miami, where all the talent in the world can't help you win. You can get a coach who can get the most out of his players, and you have a TCU, who takes those 3 stars and turns them into good players. Then you just have the coaches who can do it all, and they take programs to the top. I've seen UNC plummet after Roy Williams retires, and the same with Duke. I've also seen Minnesota turn into a national power because the hire 3 straight coaches who fit perfectly.

Again, I'm happy with moving playbooks. But it's not a true coaching carousel until you see ratings, with coaches actually affecting the player development.

Yeh the biggest thing about CH2k8 was that the ratings weren't useless either. They all tied in to making an impact on the team. One big rating was charisma which was big because team chemistry made an impact on the court. So the ratings made a large impact, and they should make an impact in football too.

I'm anxious to see what the other 2 Offense/Defense tabs in the coach editor have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »