Home

Which teams are you most excited to use?

This is a discussion on Which teams are you most excited to use? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Talking Which teams are you most excited to use?

I don't know about y'all, but I can't get NCAA 12 out of my head! I must've read those danged articles a thousand times, and there's no tellin' how many times I've watched the vids!

So what teams are you the most excited to use!? For my homer pick...

1) Auburn
I think EA will finally respect us this year. It's going to be great to see the depth that's been added to the roster finally be applied to its video game counterpart. Barrett Trotter (or whichever QB starts for that matter) should be at least an 87. In four years of coaching at the collegiate level, Malzahn has had FOUR different quarterbacks. Four. Here are their statistics:

2007-Tulsa
QB- Paul Smith passed for 5,065 yards and 47 TDs. Nearly twice what he threw for the year before Gus arrived.
RB- Tarrion Adams had 1,225 of Tulsa's 2,421 yards rushing.

2008-Tulsa
QB- David Johnson passed for 4,059 yards and 46 TDs.
RB- In a rare occurrence in Gus' career, he returned his starting tailback. Adams had 1,523 of Tulsa's 3,752 yards rushing.

2009-Auburn
QB- Chris Todd, with his surgically repaired arm, threw for 2,612 yards against a brutal SEC away schedule.
RB- Ben Tate led AU in rushing with 1,362 yards. AU had 2,756 total rushing yards.

2010-Auburn

QB- Cam Newton threw for 2,854 yards and was 2nd in the nation in passing efficiency.
RB- Newton led the team in rushing, but Dyer still had 1,093 of AU's 3,987 yards on the ground. Every Tiger back with 60+ carries averaged 6 yards or more per touch, while Onterio McCallebb averaged 9+ YPC.

Anyway, I just cannot wait to see Malzahn's new QB take the reigns. I am a huge dynasty player, and this is the perfect dynasty team with an already young cast as well as having to replace 4 of 5 OL with talented underclassmen. We'll have an absolute stable of RBs and WRs. It's gonna' be fun to say the least I don't think they'll butcher Onterio's 84 speed again, either.

As for my non-homer picks...

1) Notre Dame
They should be much improved in YR 2 of BK's tenure, and should be a great team to counter the ever so often Buckeys in 'Play Now' mode.

2) Michigan
I love the fact that Al Borges is in charge of the offensive play-calling and they've moved back toward a more traditional, pro style O. I've been a fan of his ever since he led Auburn to a 14-0 record in 2004. Whoever his QB will be will be successful. Another great team to counter the Buckeyes.

3) South Carolina
Another fun dynasty team. They just picked up the #1 player in the country, too, so it'll be great to see how he advances throughout his collegiate career (Clowney).

4) TCU, Nebraska, Boise State, Utah
They are changing conferences, right? This'll be very fun

5) Florida State
Love their recent recruiting success. They'll be fun to use with all of their young, speedy talent.

6) Tennessee
Nice building project for dynasty mode.

7) LSU
Excited about Mettenberger. Their defense will be brutal as always.

8) Random small schools
Last but not least, the ultimate dynasty building teams. It'll be extra exciting in '12 with the new crowd sound affects/attendance ratios. Once I start building them up into a winner, it'll be very nice to see the fans starting to support us

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Which teams are you most excited to use?

For me:

Ole Miss
Auburn
Georgia
Florida State
Old 04-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

My first Play-Now game will be at Georgia! I want to see UGA barking and snarling at my players! And if I get the chance, when UGA is on the sideline, I'll run out routes to get my WR's closer to him! LOL

Really looking forward to the live animals in the game, but particularly UGA!

Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

1. USC

Prater and Farmer out wide with Robert Woods in the slot. Baxter at TB motioning out to WR and Christian Thomas at TE. On special teams Farmer and Woody splitting the return duties....so much speed on the field with Kyle Praters hands = FUN. Also if zone defenses work like they should SC's safeties should be very good.

2. USF

Daniels at QB with Scott beasting at RB....

3. GA Tech

Love messing around with the option teams after the advancements last year....

4. UNC

Defense should still be very stout and Brynn Renner is extremely accurate....

Manuel should be fun to use and there pro combat unis look great in the game....

6. Pitt

Want to see their pro combats from last year...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Onslaught76's Arena

OVR: 0

First and Foremost - I've gotta say I'm excited about seeing how my Buckeyes will fare, especially with the stable of RB's they have at their disposal.

South Carolina - Alshon Jeffrey, Marcus Lattimore, and Clowney.....WOW!!!

ASU - That phenomenal LB Crew and the new Uni's

Go Bucks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Terrelle Pryor as a senior, all I gotta say...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Tennessee Vols
They have young talent everywhere. QB Tyler Bray, WR Justin Hunter, WR Da'Rick Rogers, WR Matt Milton, and WR Vincent Dallas are all SO (except for Dallas. He's a FR) and form a scary passing attack. With 4 starting OL also being FR or SO the offense will be loaded after 1-2 seasons of dynasty. On defense T is very versitle and can run a 4-3, 3-4, and 4-2-5 defense. The best defenders are DE Jacues Smith, DT Malik Jackson, and FS Janzen Jackson. Also we got a ton of DB recruits so their are some good guys to develop. Lots of young talent on the DL too. LB is a concern though. Over 70% of the roster is FR or SO so Tennessee is a great choice for dynasty. We are set up to have some succsess in year 1 but to win big in year 2 and 3 of dynasty
Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh hell yeah I'll be using USC a lot, too. Kiffin is a recruiting machine. They are the perfect team to counter OSU, ND, Bama, & Oregon.

Also, does anyone know how EA is going to penalize Pryor? As well as the other Buckeyes suspended for the first five games? Roster update??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »