Home

Kick Returns

This is a discussion on Kick Returns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
Kick Returns

Anyone have any luck with these? I have returned 4 kicks for TD in the 150ish games I have played. I have probably gotten more than 25 yards on a return maybe 10 times. And I never get any production from Middle Return.

My only hope is the kick is on one of the hash marks and I will gradually work toward the middle of the field and pray a lane opens up toward the sideline closest to the hash where the ball was kicked. Most of the time, it doesn't and I get caught up in the middle or tackled well short trying to get around the corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kick Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
Anyone have any luck with these? I have returned 4 kicks for TD in the 150ish games I have played. I have probably gotten more than 25 yards on a return maybe 10 times. And I never get any production from Middle Return.

My only hope is the kick is on one of the hash marks and I will gradually work toward the middle of the field and pray a lane opens up toward the sideline closest to the hash where the ball was kicked. Most of the time, it doesn't and I get caught up in the middle or tackled well short trying to get around the corner.
I've run a few back in an offline dynasty with a speedy guy(Brandon Wehger from Iowa transferred to Ark St) against lesser teams(C+). I think that it has a lot to do with the Speed Threshold being so high(I've got mine at 35) . I would just run to one side of the field and cut back. Wegher came to my school, sat a year, and ended up being a Junior with 98ACC, 92AGI, and 96 Speed. I wasn't doing anything real fancy or complicated.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

OVR: 3

I think kick returns are pretty accurate to how it happens in real life, IMO. (Punt returns are another story) Ive probly returned about 5-6 kickoffs for TD's this year, and probably have taken 30 or 40 returns to around mid-field or so. Acceleration is huge for a kick returner so when you see an opening you can hit it. Another tip i would suggest is if the kick is in the endzone, Just take the touchback. In years past i got so used to bringing everything out because i could get to the 30 no matter where the ball was kicked. EA seems to have fixed fine tuned Kickoff Coverage because i had been tackled inside the 20 many times and now i just take the touchback, Which is very realisic IMO. And my final tip of advise would be to try and catch the ball with a running start. This is something you need to practice, but really makes a difference in kick returning on the game. Right before your going to catch the ball, go ahead and start running forward and if you do it right your returner will catch the ball above his head and you will already be running full Speed and your not slowed down by the catch animation. Again I stress this is someting you need to practice, because if you start running to early the ball could bounce around inside the 5 yard line then your pretty much guaranteed to start with the ball inside the 10. Anyways good luck and i hope these tips will help!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I average about 1 return per season, it usually happens when the coverage team all swarms to the middle of the field and I can bounce it to the outside
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I average about 1 return per season, it usually happens when the coverage team all swarms to the middle of the field and I can bounce it to the outside
This. You have to look for lanes on the outside, Ive never busted a long return thru the middle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I have 2 in 4 seasons.

The only strategy that has worked for me to break any for long gains is for the CPU to kick the ball to either side, outside the #s, and for me to start to the inside to suck everyone in, then cut outside.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

On Punt Returns the computer players follow you around like a school of fish.
Or on Field goal returns when the slowest players on the team easy keep up with your returner. Hilarious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »