Home

This game needs another tuner.

This is a discussion on This game needs another tuner. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
This game needs another tuner.

Passing is way too easy now, run game is weaker, and there is NO defense. Every game i play online lately is a shoot out. I really liked that the game was more defensive when it first came out. I'm not saying i liked all the dropped balls, battle balls, and mirror man coverage... but i did like that my defense had a chance. There are almost no dropped balls, no break ups, and i can't get a pass rush for my life. Everyone online is now dropping straight back and waiting for the open man. If you drop back (not turn and run), you can buy just enough time for someone to get open, regardless of the coverage. Even if you come straight through on an A Gap blitz. So annoying. I'm extra screwed b/c my team has weak defensive ratings to boot.

The next tuner needs to add in a few more of the drop/breakup animation that was overdone before. Also needs to kill the accuracy of QB's throwing while still dropping back (moving backwards).

Really not liking the gameplay these days... feels like NCAA 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: This game needs another tuner.

Sorry you feel that way.
One of the problems with online play, is that no programming can/will fix how a human player will play.

Another issue is that the type of rosters your using will affect gameplay because whoever did the rosters, edited player ratings to their "Perspective", which will affect cpu gameplay (DB coverage, DL pass rush, WR route running etc...).

I'm glad I'm an offline player.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Sorry you feel that way.
One of the problems with online play, is that no programming can/will fix how a human player will play.

Another issue is that the type of rosters your using will affect gameplay because whoever did the rosters, edited player ratings to their "Perspective", which will affect cpu gameplay (DB coverage, DL pass rush, WR route running etc...).

I'm glad I'm an offline player.

Wow.. really? Online games use default ratings/roster and yes turner can adjust how successful a player is at say... passing and never having an incompletion.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

i'm offline user and this game SUCKS offline. there does need to be anther tuner released to address the unstoppable cpu offense. i am always giving up 300 plus passing yards with oregon, even to FCS and small schools with qbs in the lower 70s. i can never get a user generated sack either, i have to get lucky in zone coverage and block up the route the qb was looking for at first and i might get really lucky and get a sack from the cpu controlled dlinemen. not to mention special teams is a joke and there are very few possibilities on kick return, punt returns, even field goals. how the **** do people say this is the best college game to date. maybe it is on the new gen but give me a break about the best of all time.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3

kkman187's sliders...problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsboan11
i'm offline user and this game SUCKS offline. there does need to be anther tuner released to address the unstoppable cpu offense. i am always giving up 300 plus passing yards with oregon, even to FCS and small schools with qbs in the lower 70s. i can never get a user generated sack either, i have to get lucky in zone coverage and block up the route the qb was looking for at first and i might get really lucky and get a sack from the cpu controlled dlinemen. not to mention special teams is a joke and there are very few possibilities on kick return, punt returns, even field goals. how the **** do people say this is the best college game to date. maybe it is on the new gen but give me a break about the best of all time.
Its not the game that sucks. Its your defensive play and playcalling that suck.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Its not the game that sucks. Its your defensive play and playcalling that suck.
I wouldnt say that... im a level 12 player online, and lately ive been getting torched by average at best players b/c of the lack of rush and weak pass defense. Sliders mean nothing to me...
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I wouldnt say that... im a level 12 player online, and lately ive been getting torched by average at best players b/c of the lack of rush and weak pass defense. Sliders mean nothing to me...
Your issue needs a tuner since you are stuck with default sliders (online), offline players are a different issue, either they need proper sliders or to learn how to play the game better.

Something else that needs to be addressed is superman dl and lb jumping 5ft into the air to deflect a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »