Home

Speed/Load Option = **** Cheese

This is a discussion on Speed/Load Option = **** Cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Speed/Load Option = **** Cheese

Seriously, can anyone stop these plays? Especially out of formations under center where the QB can go either way. Even when you commit, the QB can just cut back and go up the middle. This play is the lamest play ever put in the game. Even cheesier than the HB Direct. I run a 3-3-5 and can stop any play if I know it's coming... But not the speed option. You can tell me which way it's going and I still can't stop it. And I know if I can't, no one else can either most likely. My record online is 40-4, so it's not like I suck. In fact, I don't know anyone that can beat me without glitching or running this garbage, but I'm sure someone can...

I'm not one of those glitch/pump-fake/audible/nano geeks that beats everyone 50-0 because I know all the flaws in the game- maybe that's my problem? Or is this play just pure cheddar and should be house rule-banned in all games. (Except ranked, of course. Which you can't control.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Speed/Load Option = **** Cheese

Dude their really not that hard to control. If you control a DE/LB/SS/FS you'll be fine. Just make sure you spy on the QB. Hit the gap he running towards and have it so your DE's a in QB contain. That way even if the QB triesto pitch it you'll have a guy there for the tackle. Trust me, I just played a guy with Georgia Tech who is real good with them & I held him to 87 rushing yards while he used those options 80% of the time.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

The contain always over pursues and the spy always gets run over for 5 yards. This is the problem I face. If we have good containment, the QB runs up the middle and falls forward because we're too focused on the outside. I normally give up less than 2 ypc, but on this one play, it's always 5-7 yards a pop.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

What type of formations are you facing it?

Out of I, it is really easy to stop but out of Ace Big Normal I struggle pretty bad myself. You just gotta hope your ends or blitzers get upfield and disrupt the play.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #5
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

Play against the CPU and then take note of what they do. They stop it about 99% of the time. If it's not a guy running through your entire offensive line for backside pursuit it's 3 guys unblocked coming down on your QB while they have another guy engaging your blocker and a corner on your HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
What type of formations are you facing it?

Out of I, it is really easy to stop but out of Ace Big Normal I struggle pretty bad myself. You just gotta hope your ends or blitzers get upfield and disrupt the play.
It's always the I Formation - Twins. They call the load option that goes to the side with the TE, away from the WRs. If I'm in man, there's no one in the flat. If I'm in zone, he can go the other way and have two WRs block down on the CB and then go to the next level and get the S. The QB either darts up the A gap, or if they crash down, he simply runs parallel to the line and dives upfield. It's not like I never stop it, but I have a lot of trouble and would just like a consistent way to contain it when I know it's coming.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #7
Rookie

I also run the 3-3-5, so I don't have formations with 4 down linemen. But I've ran goal line against this play and it doesn't fair too well either. I should be able to stop this out of the 3-3-5. I usually run Storm Red out of the stack and play with the FS. This stops basically every running play I encounter, except the load option. But I've tried just about every play, even Engage Eight.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 AM   #8
Rookie

don't play in man coverage when you suspect an option. And you need a zone play where they cover the flats. Something like Cover 2 works. ANd you should probably control the MLB or a Safety. I also set defending the option to conservative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »