Home

Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title!

This is a discussion on Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title!

I am playing on Heisman and only recruited players that were interested in my school and only hsigned 7 total recruits. I tried recruiting local players in my state that were interested in my school and only signed 1! I had a ton of guys signed elsewhere that had me #2 on the board and hardly any of them panned out. The visits were mostly A+'s and I spent the majority of my time with players that had me highest on their board. Also, I even recruited on varsity. Do I need to move to AA or Heisman in recruting difficulty since I am recruiting realistically? Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title!

I don't think moving the difficulty rating up will make it any different. I have a few questions for you:

1. What level of player are you trying to recruit? If you are going after all 4 and 5 stars, you aren't going to get very many of them unless you are an elite team. If you are going after 4 and 5 stars, are you replacing them with 2 and 3 stars or just leaving that spot empty?

2. What school are you? If you are playing with a lower prestige school, even if you did win the national title, it is still going to take you a few years to build up your recruiting base. So with that said you have to be less picky for the first few years and just try to build depth. Then in a few years once you have built your team up, then you can go after the elite players.

3. What year are you in? Like I said, if you are early on and are a lower school, just give it some time. With Arkansas, in year 1 I went 11-2 and only signed 11 players! After year 5 I won my second national title in three years and for the first time ever had the #1 recruiting class! So just give it some time, you will improve.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dont go after to many elite guys. Unless your an elite school just go after a few top guys that you have a shot at then just get 3* guys that have you number one or 2
Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I don't think moving the difficulty rating up will make it any different. I have a few questions for you:

1. What level of player are you trying to recruit? If you are going after all 4 and 5 stars, you aren't going to get very many of them unless you are an elite team. If you are going after 4 and 5 stars, are you replacing them with 2 and 3 stars or just leaving that spot empty?

2. What school are you? If you are playing with a lower prestige school, even if you did win the national title, it is still going to take you a few years to build up your recruiting base. So with that said you have to be less picky for the first few years and just try to build depth. Then in a few years once you have built your team up, then you can go after the elite players.

3. What year are you in? Like I said, if you are early on and are a lower school, just give it some time. With Arkansas, in year 1 I went 11-2 and only signed 11 players! After year 5 I won my second national title in three years and for the first time ever had the #1 recruiting class! So just give it some time, you will improve.

1. I went after 4 5 stars and a ton of 4 stars that were all interested in my school. After the higher rated players turned me away i started to seek some 3 star players.

2. I am playing with Tennessee who was a 5 star team and is now a 6 star prestige. I was in the 3rd year after spending 2 years at Houston and got offered the job.

3. Like I said it was my first recruiting class with Tennessee. Hopefully over time it will improve.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Limit ur recruiting to 15 players. There's some helpful threads in here if u search.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah the CPU kind of cheats and really spends 60 minutes on each recruit. Meaning you can only limit yourself to so many recruits on your board.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

Well idk then. I have UT in one of my dynastys & i signed 3 5 * players the 1st week. In week 9 now & have 11 signed.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

The same thing happened to me one year. I was second to just about everyone and could never catch up. I think I ended up bringing in about 7 players during in-season recruiting. The following year (still currently in it) it was the complete opposite. I was first on about 11 5 and 4 stars players' lists, and pulled in 8, 5 star recruits. An unheard of amount for my school or any school. (playing as Ohio State).

As an example, last year a player I was recruiting had me second on his list, and a soft to Alabama. I got the x2 and he still committed to bama the next week. This year I was in the lead for a recruit the entire season, but fell to second because he was from Michigan and being recruited by them hard. They had the pipeline points and eventually took over, and got the soft from him. Again I get the x2, and this time he commits to me the next week. Doesn't seem to make sense.

The one big thing I noticed: I have 19 seniors ready to graduate this year, whereas the year before, it was a lot less, maybe 11 or 12. There's probably a correlation between number of seniors and the recruits desire to go to your school.

This year I have 16 signed already, and am currently just spending points on players I'll never sign. I may have to take away scholarships from a couple people if the off-season class is strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »