Home

Being Level-Headed and Honest

This is a discussion on Being Level-Headed and Honest within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Being Level-Headed and Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BaseClogger*
I have been a dedicated NCAA player since my first experience with NCAA 05. I have owned each version of the game since that year. These days, I get the most enjoyment out of playing online dynasties with my friends. I love college football and a video game of the same topic is a great way to further connect myself with the sport.

This thread doesn't really contribute anything to the forum; it doesn't have a detailed breakdown of a game strategy, it doesn't include a spreadsheet, and it doesn't discover a new glitch with the game. It doesn't even include what team I play with or my favorite jerseys (I'll take Ohio State's btw). I simply want to express an opinion and vent some pent up frustration.

NCAA 11 is a good game... but it sucks. What does that mean, you ask? Well, it's fun to play and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. But lets be realistic for a moment. NCAA 05 was a fun game too, and how far have we really come since the last decade? I have spent the last two hours reading threads on this forum about the countless glitches and mistakes in the game.

Is EA really committed to the best possible product or chasing the almighty dollar? Of course they're chasing the almighty dollar. I wouldn't expect any differently. But it really is frustrating to still see so many problems with a game that has now seen so many installments. What improvements are really being made? Why is it so easy for this forum to spot mistakes and occasionally fix them while EA can't?

This forum is so enthusiastic and dedicated to making NCAA 11 the most enjoyable experience possible. Why can't EA share the same perspective? It really can't be that hard when you consider how far gaming has evolved. Yet NCAA (and many sports games for that matter) lag behind and continue to toil in the same technology that spawned the franchise. What true revolutions have been made with this title? None.

Again, I'm simply voicing my frustrations because I know it could be so much more and the game has so much potential. I wish EA would listen to Operation Sports's pleas and make NCAA the game we all truly deserve. I'll check back in a little while after I do my recruiting for my Akron online dynasty.
not really sure why you needed to include the line, "but it sucks.", but honestly, out of everything you've just said, you could say about any videogame ever made, ..so...that's about it. not really sure what the point of posting your 'rant' here does, but, oh well, i'm gonna go play NCAA football, a pretty damn good game if ya ask me.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 24

First time buyer here, so maybe I'm biased...

But this is the MOST fun I've had playing ANY football title in quite some time, going back to Sega Genesis and the 2k series.

That's all I know.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 31

When it comes to football games, college or NFL. Its all about the little things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

At the end if the day it's a video game. As long as you enjoy the game, you can't be too mad, especially at the little things. No video game will give you a 100% true sports experience but many come close. I guess what I'm trying to say is you should just take the good with the bad.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #13
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
For me personally, the game would increase in entertainment value twenty-fold if they just fixed the CPU playcalling on defense so it's not running dumb blitzes all the time. There are other nagging issues with the game (such as wonky Depth Charts in later seasons of Dynasty Mode), but none of them have really impacted my enjoyment of the game in any substantial way like the blitzing issue has (outright glitches aside). If they could fix this, there would be more challenge more often, instead of just the few lucky times the CPU decides not to go blitz happy all game. I don't even care if I still win most of my games against the CPU; at least force me to use real strategy to win rather than hot routing my slot receivers over the middle every play.
I agree that the cpu could play a much smarter game because it seems like the only way to get a good game would be to play a human. I would of thought by now the programmers could do that but it seems like every year we get the same old cpu playcalling. Any way look at this thread it helps with the cpu playcalling. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ge-impact.html
Old 08-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #14
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
First time buyer here, so maybe I'm biased...

But this is the MOST fun I've had playing ANY football title in quite some time, going back to Sega Genesis and the 2k series.

That's all I know.
That's the key, not buying it every year. Even though there's a ton of annoying things about this game, this is the first NCAA I've played since 06 so I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's a lot different than NCAA06.

Had I been buying it every year I'm sure the issues that seem to be stay in the game from year to year would wear on me a lot more. I feel like my money has gone towards all the improvements they've made since 06, not just the ones since 10.

Last edited by poopoop; 08-14-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
That's the key, not buying it every year. Even though there's a ton of annoying things about this game, this is the first NCAA I've played since 06 so I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's a lot different than NCAA06.

Had I been buying it every year I'm sure the issues that seem to be stay in the game from year to year would wear on me a lot more. I feel like my money has gone towards all the improvements they've made since 06, not just the ones since 10.
I am in the group that buys NCAA every year, and if you had played last years then this years, you might even have more appreciation for what they accomplished this year.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

the real issue of it is simple to me
EXPECTATIONS vs DELIVERY/ACTUAL RESULTS

the question is where should our expectation levels be vs what they actually give us game wise

there are 3 main ways (the last being of course the child's way of looking at it) of having expectations

1.Expect the absolute best (exponential value added)
2.Expect minor tweaks (additional value added)
3.Don't care and buy if it looks/feels good, it's just a game I paid hard earned money for (or in a kid's case not hard earned but given with no hassle)

my expectation level is in between 1 and 2 but would like them to deliver 1
I would like them to be perfect but understand they're human and technology/ understanding/programming limits them as they chase

but his point was they are chasing the dollar and that he just wants better if possible

AND I TOTALLY AGREE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »