Home

CPU still never mass subs *sigh*

This is a discussion on CPU still never mass subs *sigh* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
CPU still never mass subs *sigh*

I took a year off from playing NCAA because it was hard to play a video game without a console.

So, I play my first dynasty game in more than a year last night. Of course, I use a crappy team and expect to get pounded. I indeed get pounded, which is cool, since it makes it more rewarding when/if I eventually turn it around.

The disappointing part is that well into the PS3/360 generation now, EA still doesn't have the CPU mass-sub in blowout games, a feature that was in the PS2/XBox version of the game. It's very frustrating when you're getting your butt kicked and the opposing running back seems to break the school record every time because he's getting junk carries late in a game, often against my backups, since I do indeed mass sub.

The CPU also throws the ball on first down in blowout games, too. Mind you, I wasn't playing a Steve Spurrier-coached team either.

A lot of running backs and quarterbacks are going to be licking their cyber chops to play my team this season with that kind of coaching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU still never mass subs *sigh*

I've been irritated by this as well on next-gen. This coaching logic needs to be in the game.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey dawg, nice to see you. You posting a Dynasty this year? I always enjoyed reading your shiz.

Anyway, add that to the list of things that EA has left out from the old version.

I always liked the NCAA infractions thing that they left out and how you could lose good players not even to injury but because they were being bad. And then having the option to play Urban Meyer and suspend the guy for a half.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I would be nice to see teams replace their starters during a blowout and it would also be cool if teams pulled a quarterback if he was sucking it up out there. Maybe next year.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

ive seen them mass sub in the end of games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
I always liked the NCAA infractions thing that they left out and how you could lose good players not even to injury but because they were being bad. And then having the option to play Urban Meyer and suspend the guy for a half.
I thought that was a cool feature too, except that it seemed like it was always my 4 or 5 best players who were acting up, even if they had A-rated behavior. And always before a huge game. lol
Old 07-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
I thought that was a cool feature too, except that it seemed like it was always my 4 or 5 best players who were acting up, even if they had A-rated behavior. And always before a huge game. lol
same here. never my 3rd string OG or anything
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Hoping to post a dynasty, but three games into this one it's been nothing but total frustration. Don't mind getting my butt kicked - that's the fun of starting out with a D-rated team. Every running back I've played has gotten junk yards and touchdowns in the final minutes. I'm using some AA sliders I found over here. I'm convinced you need to be a stick magician for them to work. Will be tweaking, but that will mean nothing if the CPU keeps leaving its running back in the game to get 250, 300 yards and 4-5 touchdowns against my sorry D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »