Home

I just played the craziest game ever

This is a discussion on I just played the craziest game ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I just played the craziest game ever

Ok it's the Cleveland Devine(my teambuilder team..replaced Eastern Michigan..used cupcake players) vs. Central Michigan

Okay, going into the 4th Quarter I'm down 17-7. I've been down the whole game and never really been in it.

To start the 4th, CMU scores on a 1 yard TD pass to put me down 24-7 with 6:57 left in the game. On the second play of my drive I throw a 64 yard TD to my TE. 24-14 with 6:49 left. On their next possesion they are driving and get all the way down to my 40 when I pick off a WR Screen and go to the house with it. 24-21 with 5:22 left.

We trade punts on our next possesions. They get the ball off my punt with 2:51 left and drive right down the field and score a TD to put me down 31-21 with 2:10 left.

I drive down and make it all the way to their 15 and it gets to be 4th and 10. I decide to kick field goal and not risk because I needed a FG anyway. I make the FG with 1:07 left and make the score 31-24. I try for an onside kick but they recover. On the very first play of their drive I lay out the RB, he fumbles and my CB scoops it up and take it for 6. Tie game 31-31 with :51 left. Now it gets crazy.

On the very first play of their drive their QB throws a bomb that gets caught by the WR who takes it all the way for a 78 yard TD. 38-31 :37 left. I get the kickoff and return it for a modest 20 yards. Now on MY first play of the drive I throw a bomb to my WR who gets loose for a 77 yard TD. 38-38 with :23 seconds left. They thankfully cant score on their drive and now we are going to OT.

I win the coin toss in OT and elect for defense. I stop them and make them go 3 and out. Their kicker hits the 38 yard FG and now the pressure is on me.
I decided to play conservative with 3 straight running plays and I go 3 and out. (I have knack for game losing INT's) Now I have a 35 yard field goal to tie the game. The kick is up and it looks good, the wind gets it, it hits off the post and out.

Central Michigan wins 41-38.

This game is awesome. (vids to come)

Feel free to share your crazy games..

Pick 6 with 5:22 left

CMU First play TD

My first play TD

Fumble recovery TD

Missed FG

Last edited by jclem92; 07-16-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I just played the craziest game ever

Just had an insane comeback myself tonight. I was Indiana playing against Purdue.

I'll fast forward to the end of the game. My starting QB got hurt earlier in the game, so my back-up is in. Purdue's up 24-21 with 9 seconds left. They just scored a field goal and were kicking off to me. I get a moderate return of about 15 yards, and then the craziest ending in my NCAA football career ever ensues. A little bit more background detail.

Purdue had been killing me all game and my QB was sucking it so hard that I literally was about to break my controller. Getting back into this game was a struggle, as I was trailing all game long, tied it up in the 4th at 21, but gave up a late field goal to Purdue.

Anyways, starting from the 25th yard line with 6 seconds left, I run a deep streaks play, and throw it up hoping to get some sort of miracle answered..and I do! Pass interference with 0 ticks remaining on the clock! I'm at the 35 now, and am lucky to have one more shot to get it in, or else it's game over. I run Hail Mary, throw it up.......and It's caught deep at the opponent's 30 yard line...but still short of a TD...but wait! FACE MASK WAS CALLED!!!! it moves me up to the opponent's 15 yard line with 0 seconds left! I hit the field goal to tie it up and send it to overtime.

At this point I was like wow, did i really just drive 75 yards in 6 seconds? In utter shock I enter overtime.

Purdue wins the toss so I get the ball first. Methodically, I ran the ball into the endzone for a TD, and hit the PAT. Purdue gets the ball. First play, they SCORCH me for a 15 yard run. Second play, they throw an incompletion. Third play, they run a WR screen...and he catches it...but then I DECK him, forcing a fumble, and take it back to the house for 6 and the win!!!!!

Literally this was the biggest roller coaster ride I've ever taken part in haha. I went from defeated, to lucky, to wtf, to overtime, to the win in 5 minutes. Hands down the best game I've ever played...still can't believe I won haha.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxAir23xxx
Just had an insane comeback myself tonight. I was Indiana playing against Purdue.

I'll fast forward to the end of the game. My starting QB got hurt earlier in the game, so my back-up is in. Purdue's up 24-21 with 9 seconds left. They just scored a field goal and were kicking off to me. I get a moderate return of about 15 yards, and then the craziest ending in my NCAA football career ever ensues. A little bit more background detail.

Purdue had been killing me all game and my QB was sucking it so hard that I literally was about to break my controller. Getting back into this game was a struggle, as I was trailing all game long, tied it up in the 4th at 21, but gave up a late field goal to Purdue.

Anyways, starting from the 25th yard line with 6 seconds left, I run a deep streaks play, and throw it up hoping to get some sort of miracle answered..and I do! Pass interference with 0 ticks remaining on the clock! I'm at the 35 now, and am lucky to have one more shot to get it in, or else it's game over. I run Hail Mary, throw it up.......and It's caught deep at the opponent's 30 yard line...but still short of a TD...but wait! FACE MASK WAS CALLED!!!! it moves me up to the opponent's 15 yard line with 0 seconds left! I hit the field goal to tie it up and send it to overtime.

At this point I was like wow, did i really just drive 75 yards in 6 seconds? In utter shock I enter overtime.

Purdue wins the toss so I get the ball first. Methodically, I ran the ball into the endzone for a TD, and hit the PAT. Purdue gets the ball. First play, they SCORCH me for a 15 yard run. Second play, they throw an incompletion. Third play, they run a WR screen...and he catches it...but then I DECK him, forcing a fumble, and take it back to the house for 6 and the win!!!!!

Literally this was the biggest roller coaster ride I've ever taken part in haha. I went from defeated, to lucky, to wtf, to overtime, to the win in 5 minutes. Hands down the best game I've ever played...still can't believe I won haha.
Ha that's incredible.

But @shorty, is this really an impression of the game though? Sorry if this isn't the place for it...
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My first game of NCAA 11 was my best. I was down 28-7 early on in the 3rd against VT. Then I ended up coming back and tieing it in the final seconds. I then came up with the W in OT. I got 3000+ points in the ESPN Classic. I doubt it will ever leave my #1 spot.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
Rookie

FeelGoodInc's Arena

OVR: 0

Ya'll seem to be having some fun with roller coaster ride games today....Well you aren't the only ones HA HA!I was playing Texas Vs Oklahoma St.Going into half time I was up 21-3....keep tabs on the score here because I get screwed....End up all 3rd quarter we trade punts back and forth over and over, same with INT's...Ends up 4th quarter I'm winning 21-19, I get the ball from their most recent score and on the return they force a fumble and end up driving it in making it 21-26 their lead...Now its down to 2min to go in the 4th, and I get the ball again, drive down feild leaving MINIMAL time on the clock...I score make it 28-26 not assuming they would drive down the feild in :33...They drive down the feild on 2 huge passes, then run it once using all 3 of their time outs, ends up having 6 seconds left on the clock....they end up DRILLING and when I say "DRILLING" I mean they "Nailed it" a 56yrd feild goal to put them up 28-29 and leave me 1 second on the clock to lose after leading almost the entier game...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »