Home

What kind of recruits will you go after?

This is a discussion on What kind of recruits will you go after? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What kind of recruits will you go after?

I'm starting a dynasty with a one star program, so my priority is to find a the best pass rushing DE I can get and try to cause enough havoc on the d-line that as long as my offense doesn't screw up I have a chance at winning. Other than that, I'll take any two star or better recruit that will sign with me
Old 07-02-2010, 02:42 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 20

I will probably be going with Idaho and if not them then some other weak 1 star team so for the first few years I will pretty much take what I can get trying to fill in needs and pick up anyone who may help in any way. My overall goals however are:

QB: I like to throw the ball downfield so throw power is important. Accuracy is the second most important part for me. When starting off until my line is good I wouldn't be against the idea of a little mobility and elusiveness but once I have a solid line that will be much less important. Awareness, although it doesn't actually effect gameplay, will take over for mobility once I get to that point just because I want to keep it realistic and I am big on intellegence being a key component of the QBs game. Also size is important for me. I perfer my QB to be atleast 6'3" and being in the 215+ pound range is beneficial. Quarterback is one of the most important positions for me so I will recruit atleast one every year.

RB: I like to have both a speed back and a power back on the roster. For my power back I look at strength, trucking, carry, and stiffarm. The other moves are nice to have as well and as a tie breaker I look at speed and acceleration. For my speed back I obviously look for speed but also elusiveness, moves, and catching as they will be a recieving back and playmaker beyond just being a speedy runner. This is a moderatly important position. I won't really push for it if it isn't there but I like recruit atleast one each year

FB: The most important thing for my fullbacks is blocking ratings. After that I go with so they can stay ahead of the backs and get downfield. I also look here for potential power running backs. I don't really need a top fullback even though I usually use one pretty often. I try to keep 2 on the roster at all times.

WR: For my outside wideouts size is the most important thing here. I won't go for anything under 6' and usually perfer guys 6'3" and over. After that I look for speed and acceleration as I want guys who can get downfield. Beyond that I look for at least one good catching rating and perferably good across the board there. For my slot guys I look for good route running and good after the catch skills and usually go with smaller wideouts somewhat following the wes welker mold.

TE: The first thing I look for here is atleast 6'4" height. After that then he needs to either have the speed to get deep or the route running and catch in traffic skills to be a possesion receiver.

Oline: I look mainly at the blocking footwork and strenth ratings here. After that I go with awareness, strength, and impact blocking. I try to stick to guys that are over or atleast near 300lbs. Also I will sometimes look for the fastest Olineman to use as a blocking TE.

DE: Speed, acceleration and finesse moves is the perfered combination here especially for the RE. With the LE I am willing to replace finesse with power and I look more at strength.

DT: I usually look for a guy with top strength, block shedding, and power moves for one spot and a guy with a good combination of finesse and power moves for the other spot. The second one can have mediocre strength as long as he also has the speed and acceleration to make up for it.

WLB: I need a guy here who has the speed to run down backs and the tackling ability and perferably hit power to make the tackles. Also, decent finnesse moves are a plus as I blitz him at times. Seeing as I like to blitz with him I like using him in nickle situations so he needs to be able to cover well, perferably well enough to cover a slot receiver if needed.

MLB: Here I perfer a smart backer so I look at awareness and play recognition. Strength and block shedding are important too.

SLB: I like to have someone here with the height, speed, and man coverage ability to cover the TEs I am facing and the occasional wide out and the tackling and strength to make the tackles afterwards and to help out against the strong side run.

CB: I like to play man coverage so obviously that is important. So is speed, agility, acceleration, and press coverage. I perfer at least 6' height but am willing to go a little shorter for the right guy.

FS: Here the most important thing is the ability to be a centerfielder so zone coverage and the speed and acceleration to cover ground is very important. Hands are very important too as when he is playing centerfield and gets in position the pick needs to be made. It is nice to have a good tackler and a guy who can play move down and play some man coverage but those things aren't neccesary.

SS: Here I want a guy who can lay the wood. Hit power and tackling are hugh. Athleticism is nice but not neccesary as are coverage abilities. Those things are more of a tie breaker once the guys with the right power are found.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't know how recruits come into NCAA 11 but if its like 10:

QB: I like small qbs who fly under the radar with some arm strength. But if a tall, all world qb is interested, im on him.

RB: Im more of a workhorse oneback system guy but if i happen to have a few good rbs ill rotate unless its not working depending on the game. I'm a sucker for chunky micheal turner type rbs. not too big like brandon "im paid now so i dont give a crap anymore" jacobs.

WR: Since it seems like no recievers come in with decent hands, its all about speed really so they can break away and pray for a clean catch. But i'd much rather a mix of speed and size where i can trust my receiver wont fumble after a hit.

TE: I really have no preference here. I usually get short slow guys who can catch a 5 yard dinger on 3rd and short or sneak a 20 yard gain every game or two. Im not reaching for top guys here, no need. Lots of serviceable players at TE.

OL: I get whoever is interested here, hopefully top guys availible, too many lineman ratings to get too picky. I have a west coast/ spread kinda thing going where im hitting the hot receiver fast so im not worrying about getting sacked anyway. My runningback can always find a seam even with a weak oline.

DE: I really love 6'4"+ guys that can get some pressure (even though they dont). But i always get short stubby Freeny types with loads of speed.

DT: I pray for a DT who is the number one overall recruit because the guy usually has 84+ speed. Basically i look for the fastest DTs and try like hell to get them.

OLBs: Its all about speed to cover. I usually recruit big, fast safeties to play here to stay in a base 4-3 defense the entire game. Helps confuse the O one whether in blitzing or have a camouflaged nikel package waiting for the pass.

MLB: speed speed speed to cover the middle of the field. This guy is the difference between a 200 yard pass game and a 500 yard pass game. Hopefully he can run down fast runners as well.

CBs: To be honest, the best guys who are interested. Nothing special here, CBs just seem to be good no matter what theyre rated idk.

FS SS: Fast guys to protect against big TDs. Im not really interested in their coverage skills but more in their ability to stop a guy in his tracks. These guys are my last line fo defense, they better be sure tacklers. Nothing worst than a 40 yard gain becoming a 90 yard TD cause a safety got broken down.

K/P: who can honestly recruit these guys? Walk ons come in at 80 ovr (so do walk on qbs whats with that???)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #52
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
"team needs" mostly....
what he said.

i also like to load up on the offensive line.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 25

whoever wants to come to my school really....

I dont really target any type of recruit in particular...
Old 07-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

kcarr and I seem to like the exact same kind of players for the most part.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
kcarr and I seem to like the exact same kind of players for the most part.
For the most part it does other than small differences at TE and maybe at corner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

LSU - an entire offensive line...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »