Home

Still got a soft spot for the old man

This is a discussion on Still got a soft spot for the old man within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Lee Corso pick the big game winner in NCAA?
Yes. 76 79.17%
No. 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Still got a soft spot for the old man

even though i won't miss him in the booth, ea still should find a way to pay tribute to the man who is as much as part of saturday morning in the fall as anything. no matter what i'm doing, i always keep an eye on the clock for 11:45 am est to see Lee pick his mascot. ncaa needs this tradition back in the game.

scenario. your selected game is loading, you hear the roar of the crowd as a cyber cris, lee and herbie go through saturday selections. last item before kickoff...lee slips on the mascot head.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne Jr; 06-22-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Still got a soft spot for the old man

I admit I miss the old coot.

I thought he added a lot of color to the commentary. And whenever I got sick of hearing him yapping away, I'd just turn the commentary off.

Anyway, I agree that it'd be fun to see him return in NCAA 12 to pick his mascot.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
even though i won't miss him in the booth, ea still should find a way to pay tribute to the man who is as much as saturday morning in the fall as anything. no matter what i'm doing, i always keep an eye on the clock for 11:45 am est to see Lee pick his mascot. ncaa need this tradition back in the game.
I never had anything against Corso, some of his commentary made me laugh. What I hated was always being taken to that "AARP says pick this play" crap in the middle of tight conference game with championship ramifications on the line.

Having Coach in the game would be great... just don't take me out of my playbook into one of his play calls...

Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

He better be in the game. As much as some hate to admit it, Lee Corso is a huge part of ESPN's college football presentation because of the College Gameday show. I mean, it's really starting to bug me that at least the picking winners part of College Gameday isn't in the game. I would love to see Fowler talk about the games with Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Lee Corso picking the winners.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think we should see the return of the pregame talk. Like what they did last generation. Corso doesn't need to be brought back as a commentator, but it would be nice if they did have him return to put on the mascot head before every game.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
He better be in the game. As much as some hate to admit it, Lee Corso is a huge part of ESPN's college football presentation because of the College Gameday show. I mean, it's really starting to bug me that at least the picking winners part of College Gameday isn't in the game. I would love to see Fowler talk about the games with Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Lee Corso picking the winners.
man i get goose bumps when they start the saturday selections.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
man i get goose bumps when they start the saturday selections.
Lol, so do I. My Saturdays during college football season consist of waking up at like 8 or 9 to play some NCAA Football, then at 9:55, stop, save, and turn off the console and turn on ESPN, watch the last few minutes of Sportscenter, watch College Gameday from 10-12, then at 12, if the Michigan game is on, watch that. If not, watch another game until the Michigan game starts. If Michigan doesnt play that week, I just watch whatever games I want. But in the early part of the season, I flick back and forth from the Michigan game and the Yankees game, if they are on at the same times(at the end of a half inning, I turn to the Michigan game, and then turn back after a few minutes to the Yankees game). If they arent on at the same time, I forego watching college football and watch the Yankees game.

By the way, I am stunned that I rarely made spelling or grammar mistakes on my post that you quoted, since I posted that from my phone, lol.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Lol, so do I. My Saturdays during college football season consist of waking up at like 8 or 9 to play some NCAA Football, then at 9:55, stop, save, and turn off the console and turn on ESPN, watch the last few minutes of Sportscenter, watch College Gameday from 10-12, then at 12, if the Michigan game is on, watch that. If not, watch another game until the Michigan game starts. If Michigan doesnt play that week, I just watch whatever games I want. But in the early part of the season, I flick back and forth from the Michigan game and the Yankees game, if they are on at the same times(at the end of a half inning, I turn to the Michigan game, and then turn back after a few minutes to the Yankees game). If they arent on at the same time, I forego watching college football and watch the Yankees game.

By the way, I am stunned that I rarely made spelling or grammar mistakes on my post that you quoted, since I posted that from my phone, lol.
Cool story, bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »