Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #33
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

-At 7:00 watch the OLB on bama actually push the TE Blocker into the backfield to stop the run

In previous games the "Win" animation for the DL/OLB would have been a weird glitchy thing that results in the player moving left or right and then warping into the ball carrier

While the game still looks robotic and some what clunky now ironically, Im starting to get a little hope that this could be a good "Video Game" of Football again

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-24-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

I am one of the biggest critics of this series, but I loved most of that video. The blocking AI and the pre-snap blocking assignments are kick-***. Leaving the DE unblocked on that option was perfect, I bet it works like that for the flexbone option as well. That's a REALLY big improvement, true option blocking schemes.

I didn't see any coaches on the sidelines though. That was my only complaint from the vid.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #35
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Russ goes for it on 4th down too much

Small feature, but I think when you select FG it tells you how long it is going to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #36
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

-The Qbs still look like they're floating too much in the pocket

Need to slow them down or Run and Chuck Cheese is still going to take over Online

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA 11 First REAL in-game footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Was it me or did he have accelerated clock on that went down to 25 seconds left on the play clock? I'm not talking about how last year and all the years before it went straight to 25. It looked like it went from 37 to 25 and also brought down the game clock 12 seconds too. I hope so!
that's what I was saying it looked like it was fixed on the first play from scrimmage, but after that I couldn't really tell
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #38
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
I am one of the biggest critics of this series, but I loved most of that video. The blocking AI and the pre-snap blocking assignments are kick-***. Leaving the DE unblocked on that option was perfect, I bet it works like that for the flexbone option as well. That's a REALLY big improvement, true option blocking schemes.

I didn't see any coaches on the sidelines though. That was my only complaint from the vid.
I was thinking the same thing. Although near the end they cut away from the gameplay and showed stills. I'm wondering if that was to block out things we weren't meant to see yet... like coaches.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #39
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

A few things in that video i REALLY liked.

1. The deep corner route, the angle of the throw and catch looked real good. Plus i noticed the defender didn't "mirror" the route.

2. The general movement looked good. It just looked more natural (I'm sure the hate will come flowing soon as this is OS)

3. The blocking diagrams. Awesome. and similarly. THE READ OPTION WORKS.

One thing i didn't like though is the O-Line and ends still engage almost immediately. The D line did look like they were trying to get around though. I'll have to look again but did the bama outside backers rush upfield on the pass play?

overall my excitement is building. I like this video was of a full drive. Thats the type of video i want to see. A vid of an in-game environment uncut.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #40
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
-The Qbs still look like they're floating too much in the pocket

Need to slow them down or Run and Chuck Cheese is still going to take over Online
Agreed here. They are flying around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »