Home

Who's going with the PS2 version?

This is a discussion on Who's going with the PS2 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Who's going with the PS2 version?

im 100% getting NCAA for PS2.....i might get Madden for PS3, but it depends on how draft classes are imported onto PS3 if they are whacked out i will be going with the PS2 version again

i dont care about graphics, i care about gameplay and dynasty is better for ps2.....The only thing that bothers me about NCAA is that lower rated teams have their Conference Logo on the field so im stickler for realism so i cant build lower rated teams into powerhouses cause i dont wanna get a WAC team moved into the Pac-10 and sill have the WAC symbol on their field so i usually go for the middle of road BCS teams

ive actually have tried the Coach Mode while i wait for the new game to come out and im kinda having fun with that mode to, ive read people talking about it and everything and i didnt think i would have fun just picking the plays and just watching but you actually have to gameplan and take a look at the ratings to figure whose best for your system instead of just putting the best players in

i have gotten NCAA and Madden for PS3 for 08 and 09 and returned them in for PS2 version and had a blast with them

Last edited by MattUMD224; 06-19-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #10
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I'm thinking about it, the problem is I have 09 and has EA really made an investment in the PS2 version? The last few I've bought on PS2 really haven't changed all that much. Now I just played the 10 demo on PS3 and I'm not overly excited about the next gen version. What adjustments have they made to the PS2 version? I haven't really been following it.
NCAA for PS2 was the best i ever played....they fixed the Pursuit Angles which showed alot...Defense played better and it was hard to score....Deep Ball was easy but it was also stopable....qb play was great as not every pass was completed and you had wobbly passes and overthrown balls

i coulda easily have saw myself still playing my dynasty now if it didnt get erased when transferring the memory card to my ps3.....god i loved playing with the Tar Heels

I will say this though the worse thing about the PS2 within dynasty is randomly during dynasty every once or so incoming freshman speed ratings were extremely low in the 80-85 for 5 star runningbacks.....that didnt bother me as i created my own draft classes so i could fix that stuff if i wanted to for when they got imported into madden

Old 06-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #11
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronizzle
good question...noone quite knows. All it says on it's website is like Madden, the PS2 version will FINALLY have supersim (might be the only reason I get the new version). Also something about a new all new leaderboard for dynasty. If the rosters are as screwed up as they are in the next gen systems, I'm sticking it out with 09 and just updating the rosters to reflect this years.
Supersim was in last year for both NCAA and Madden

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulton26
How does one know if his PS3 is backwards compatible?

Also:
- How many of the stadiums are in the PS2 version?
- Is recruiting and roster management better?
All Stadiums are in

Recruiting was actually hard last year and couldnt get top classes with a 1 or 2 star team..Teams didnt always have the top ranked classes years after years.....you no longer see the top 2 QBs bother picking the same school

Another strong thing was that the Probation Glitch was still in the game but it was tuned down alot

Last edited by MattUMD224; 06-19-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #13
MattUMD224

OVR:

Here is PS2 impressions thread from over at NCAAStrategies

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=59278

Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #14
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still waiting for an answer from EA on whether or not the correct roster is on the PS2 disc, or if it's screwed up like the 360/PS3 versions.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
Supersim was in last year for both NCAA and Madden
It was? I haven't played 09 in awhile, but I could of swore it wasn't in. Maybe it's just cause I never used it. Ha, well sorry.

Actually, there is one stadium that isn't in....the new University of Akron stadium. It's opening on campus for this football season. It's not done yet, so it's not a big deal. But yeah, I refuse to get NCAA for anything other than the PS2 until they stop making it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

I got 09 on PS2 last year so I probably will unless they didn't fix a few things like INT's, fumbles, and probation glitch. Probation was tuned down last year albeit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »