Home

Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

Pastapadre posted that the NCAA game has a similar feel to last year. He also mentioned that it has been tuned much better, the cpu run game is improved, the INTs were down and they throw deep. Isn't that a lot of what we were complaining about last year? Plus the R-stick DL moves and the reduced number of super pancakes and cut blocks should really make playing as a DL more fun as well.

For those that absolutely hated NCAA 09, the new game may not be for you. But for many of us, we did enjoy NCAA 09 and were just annoyed that a few blatant errors (super pass protection vs. lousy run blocking defaults, too many INTs, no cpu deep passing game, etc) really tarnished the game. If this game fixes all of the big problems I do think many of us will be happy.

I'm disappointed in all the great news we get about Madden and the sparse gameplay improvements we see or hear about NCAA. We'll all be the judge of the game once we get our hands on it. One of my favourite Madden games was Madden 2003. I didn't really like the '02 version since the run game was so heavily biased towards the outside and it had some issues. 2003 felt very similar but after playing it and experiencing a much more balanced game, I loved Madden 2003 and it was the last one I really enjoyed. Maybe NCAA '10 will be the same way. A similar feel to '09 initially but over time we'll see a much more balanced and polished game with few game killing flaws. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

Call it NCAA 09.5. Call it NCAA 10. Whatever. If the CPU QB logic is better, along with better pursuit angles, better pash rush, more refined passing game (overthrows, underthrows, off target throws that hit the ground), reduced INTs all across the board, playcalling logic, CPU clock management, CPU throws the deep ball, CPU AI RBs making up their damn minds and hit the hole, sideline awareness logic, better tackling, improved playbooks, new helmets and a ton of new animations, I'll be a happy camper.

35 days left....or less!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I have a feeling that the NCAA demo might hit this Thursday but probably next Thursday, June 18th. I want to get my hands on it and see some of the changes for myself.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

There are still some obvious issues, but I'm fairly certain that I'll be happy with NCAA 10 because most of my major complaints have been addressed:

1. Playcall logic. The biggest issue in 09.

2. Better pass rush. Defense may actually mean something this year.

3. CPU Deep ball will be prevalent.

4. Improved CPU running

5. Adaptive AI...this is huge....if it works properly.

Other cool additions:

1. Gameplan feature

2. Progressive lighting

3. Bands...I can't believe that people actually bitched about this....wait....yes I can.

4. Create a school

5. Chew clock

6. Recruiting logic tweaked.

7. I think my name may actually be in the game!

8. The new Madden Injury system is in NCAA

I say "fairly certain" because for the last two years, for all of the improvements that were made, there was always 1 HUGE issue that kills the game. 08: turnovers, 09: CPU Playcalling logic and AI. Hopefully the third time isn't a charm.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd be pretty happy if most sports games, and in particular NCAA took the previous years version and just flushed out all the bugs first, tightened the game up and then added one or two features that were warranted.

To me, it seems thats what they have done. 09 was fun, but the lack of defense was terrible. That is what ended it so early for me. Not so much my defense (although the pass rush was neutered) but the CPU couldnt touch me on defense and I hate that. I want a tough defense.

Seems they addressed alot of the issues, or at least attempted to. We wotn know for sure until we get our hands on it, but Ive got no problem with taking last years version with good graphics, good features (minus wide open gameplay) and fixing it this year. That's what more companies should do.

We'll have to wait to find out if they were successful.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

From the videos I've seen so far, NCAA 10 looks like fun and a definite improvement over last year's game. I do wish it was getting the same gameplay treatment that Madden 10 received, but what can ya do? TeamBuilder is a great addition and having skipped NCAA 09, I'm itching to get back into the series.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

To me, NCAA 09.5 isn't worth $60, maybe $45 though.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

To me it's worth $60.

- Improved online dynasty
- TeamBuilder
- More animations
- Gameplay improvements
- Other fixes

To each his own

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »