Home

Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

This is a discussion on Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

Just looking for some opinions from you guys. Which Ncaa Football game was the very best for the original xbox? Thanks to all that respond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

Many liked 2004 the best. 2006 was also good. Can't speak for the last few editions. Avoid 2005, as it was crap.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

2004 is pretty antiquated by todays' standard.There's no pre-snap audibles and adjustments,package subs,etc. The playbooks are very limited,as well.
The running game is largely broken.

05 has slowdown and receivers drop way too many balls.There are full historic roster sets available for it.

06 is a decent game and is the only one BC for 360,but the deep ball is money and impact running backs are god-like.There are full historic rosters for this,too.

07 tones down the impact players and deep ball issues.There are full historic roster sets available for it and the playbooks are much deeper and varied.The dynasty mode has a nasty bug resulting in dozens of schools being put on probation.Package subs and lots of pre-snap adjustments and audibles are available.

08 takes all the good of 07 and refines it a bit,but the counter running plays are close to money,due to poor angles taken by the safeties.
There aren't any complete historic roster sets available for this one.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

In my opinion it's 2006.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 12-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe its just me but NCAA 06 runs super slow on my 360. It is to the point of unplayable. Any one else have this problem?

Last edited by Frycicle; 12-31-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I played 2005 the most, but 2005 and 2006 both had horrible cases of dropped passes. I was naive back then to football gaming, so it didn't bother me as much, but it makes them unplayable now.

2007 was pretty good, but 2004 was ahead of its time and I'd have to go with that one (I haven't played 2008, so I have no idea how that one is, though I hear there are horrible pursuit angles in that one).
Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hands down Ncaa 07 xbox. I prefer that game over anything on 360. 08 and 09. I have more fun with 07 than anything!
Pre game stuff. Huddles, Referees on the field, coaches on the sideline. Not a ton of horriffic mascot crap like 09. Fast paced speed. good defense. You can actually complete passes deep down the field on the fly,and not slow in stride.They shoulda just used ncaa 07 xbox and made better graphics with the 360.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon4
Hands down Ncaa 07 xbox. I prefer that game over anything on 360. 08 and 09. I have more fun with 07 than anything!
Pre game stuff. Huddles, Referees on the field, coaches on the sideline. Not a ton of horriffic mascot crap like 09. Fast paced speed. good defense. You can actually complete passes deep down the field on the fly,and not slow in stride.They shoulda just used ncaa 07 xbox and made better graphics with the 360.
Boo-ya-shocka!!! Hit it right on da button

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »