Home

defensive pressure on xbox...help asap

This is a discussion on defensive pressure on xbox...help asap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6
defensive pressure on xbox...help asap

Lately I've been stymied by guys who seemingly blitz every down, thus shutting me down for the most part.. I have played well, but I need some more ammo to fight with on defense.. Can someone help me with different blitz packages?? Thanks in advance.. I'm really trying to get my rank high like it was last year..
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: defensive pressure on xbox...help asap

Read where the blitz is coming from, short slants and cross patterns down the field until they stop. Then start pounding the rock. They'll blitz again. And go for the PA bomb. TD. Rinse and repeat.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru8
Lately I've been stymied by guys who seemingly blitz every down, thus shutting me down for the most part.. I have played well, but I need some more ammo to fight with on defense.. Can someone help me with different blitz packages?? Thanks in advance.. I'm really trying to get my rank high like it was last year..

backside screens
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
Rookie

guru8's Arena

Cool... but I need more blitzes and defensive strategies for myself...
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Are you playing human or computer opponents?

I love 4-3 Thunder Two (a cover 2 with 2 blitzing OLB's)...i back the secondary up, bring the OLB's up between the tackles and ends, and move my MLB to the strong side of the formation. I usually control the OLB on my right and either me or the end on that side comes free...

Against the computer this will work very well for a while. Then I mix in a little 3-4 or Nickle Crash 3 and Crash 2...maybe a little HULK 3 out of the Nickel as well...

Against human opponents, I still like Thunder 2, but not as often b/c they are smarter than the computer. However, I blitz about every play b/c I'd rather make someone make a hurried decision then let them stand back there all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

I like any type of blitz with 3 over the top and 3 in underneath coverage. You are bringing 5 and usually it has some type of D-lineman dropping on zone blitzes to confuse QB reads. Also mix in some press man with 2 deep help and spread your d-line, most human players are not patient enough to run the ball at you. The big thing is mix it up against good players, if you do the same thing every down you are toast against a good opponent bc they will figure it out.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #7
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

This may help too, it was for '06, but most of the stuff carries over:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...9&postcount=10
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

guru8's Arena

That's what I'm talkin' about.. Thanks everyone.. I play online, and It's tough to see bs happen at the end of games.. I just need to tigihten my d a little more.. I'll keep you guys posted....
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »