Home

Have they ruined usering the linebacker?

This is a discussion on Have they ruined usering the linebacker? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2024, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Have they ruined usering the linebacker?

I had a lot of fun with usering when the game first came out but now I feel like I'll literally be in the right spot to pick the ball off and the computer will still come down with it. Anybody else noticing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2024, 06:13 PM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Have they ruined usering the linebacker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
I had a lot of fun with usering when the game first came out but now I feel like I'll literally be in the right spot to pick the ball off and the computer will still come down with it. Anybody else noticing this?
I haven’t heard anything about this (nor could figure out how they’d change something this specific) but FWIW, I suck at usering and I had a pick not 60 minutes ago in my last game and had another bounce off of my hands (likely due to my 25 INT slider).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-18-2024, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan

Nah I’m still having a lot of success with MLB’s.
Old 09-19-2024, 10:02 AM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I've never been great at user controlling linebackers and safeties, but I do it from time to time anyway because it's just so darn rewarding when you actually read something and make a tackle or a pass deflection. Usually, though, I end up chasing a route when I should be in zone, and the CPU throws the ball exactly to where I was supposed to cover.

I don't have major complaints about the responsiveness of the controls (strafe, pass defense, etc.) on linebackers. The problem I've been having is with player switching. If I start on the line, and then the QB rolls out, I often want to switch to the nearest LB in front of him to challenge him from scrambling. The game does NOT want me to do this. It will often give me control of some random safety or someone on the other side of the field, and I've now screwed up that coverage because I have no idea who I'm controlling. Maybe this is just a symptom of gaming into my 40's....
Old 09-19-2024, 05:01 PM   #5
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Could just be user error, but I wish they had some kind of lag for when you INT on a play like a curl. I swear half the time I pressing down to break on the ball, and there is no time before the camera 180s and it still has my down input and my player goes from easy pick 6 to running the wrong direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2024, 05:10 PM   #6
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Could just be user error, but I wish they had some kind of lag for when you INT on a play like a curl. I swear half the time I pressing down to break on the ball, and there is no time before the camera 180s and it still has my down input and my player goes from easy pick 6 to running the wrong direction.
I feel like I've experienced similar. It's like just half a second more on the "screen flip" when a pick happens would be great.
Old 09-19-2024, 05:43 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I mostly user D-Line, but I'll occasionally use a linebacker or DB, and just got an INT with a LB last night.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2024, 05:54 PM   #8
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

I haven't user'd linebackers since NCAA 05/Madden 08. When I made the jump to NCAA 10 and eventually Madden 12, I've been usering only d linemen since then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »