Home

Existing Players Dev Trait

This is a discussion on Existing Players Dev Trait within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2024, 07:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Existing Players Dev Trait

Is there a way to see an existing players dev trait? I've done several dynasties so far. Most with Ohio State and have yet to see Julian Sayin progress well. He was the number 1 QB recruit last year. Was the elite 11 MVP. Has had nothing but good things coming out of camps so far. Just wondering if it's bad luck or do they have him as a bust for a dev trait? That got me thinking about the other players and wondering if there is a way to see it?

I have Julian as a (Rs) Sophomore and he's and 81, he starts as a 79 as a true freshman. 2 overall points going into his 3rd year's seems like horrible progression. I simmed several others and they all seem the same as far as he goes anyways.

Does anyone know. Also I've had whole training cycles where not 1 player progressesed overall, I figured that was a bug can anyone confirm that?

Thanks,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2024, 08:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Existing Players Dev Trait

Progression makes no sense. I had DJ Lagway as my QB2 and got significant playing time as a freshman, he went from 80 to 81 in his soph year. Meanwhile, my no name QB4 that never played, went from 64 to 74.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:06 PM   #3
Pro

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0

In dynasty, go to view roster and hit triangle/Y to bring up the players info, their dev trait will be bottom left ish

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Operation Sports mobile app

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 08-08-2024, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
Progression makes no sense. I had DJ Lagway as my QB2 and got significant playing time as a freshman, he went from 80 to 81 in his soph year. Meanwhile, my no name QB4 that never played, went from 64 to 74.
Yeah I get random progression to some degree. However how you play should have an impact. At the very least being in a college program you would get stronger and faster over the first couple of seasons with dedicated staff working with you.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0187420
Is there a way to see an existing players dev trait? I've done several dynasties so far. Most with Ohio State and have yet to see Julian Sayin progress well. He was the number 1 QB recruit last year. Was the elite 11 MVP. Has had nothing but good things coming out of camps so far. Just wondering if it's bad luck or do they have him as a bust for a dev trait? That got me thinking about the other players and wondering if there is a way to see it?

I have Julian as a (Rs) Sophomore and he's and 81, he starts as a 79 as a true freshman. 2 overall points going into his 3rd year's seems like horrible progression. I simmed several others and they all seem the same as far as he goes anyways.

Does anyone know. Also I've had whole training cycles where not 1 player progressesed overall, I figured that was a bug can anyone confirm that?

Thanks,
On your roster page, go to the player you want to check and hit triangle (on PS5, or whatever the X Box equivalent is) to open his player card. On the bottom left of that screen, you can see his dev trait (Sayin is Normal).

You can also go over to the Ratings tab from that screen, which breaks his attributes into five or six categories, each with 10 levels. The leftmost levels will be yellow (levels the player has achieved). Then dark gray (levels he hasn't earned yet but can over time). Then lighter gray ones to the right with a line through them (levels that particular player cannot earn, unless your coach has a specific attribute that allows you to unlock those levels).

Sometimes, you'll see a guy with normal dev but a lot of open levels to earn. That player will progress a lot regardless of having a "bad" dev trait. Other times, you'll see an elite dev trait but he's already near his personal skill cap, so he still won't progress much.

Frankly, I'm still not sure what difference the dev traits even make. I see normal dev guys shoot up in ratings based solely on having room to grow. Often guys who barely see the field. It seems entirely random.

Maybe the dev trait makes more of a difference when you're playing a top school and getting a ton of elite recruits, but for most recruits in the game, it seems pointless to worry about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2024, 08:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
On your roster page, go to the player you want to check and hit triangle (on PS5, or whatever the X Box equivalent is) to open his player card. On the bottom left of that screen, you can see his dev trait (Sayin is Normal).

You can also go over to the Ratings tab from that screen, which breaks his attributes into five or six categories, each with 10 levels. The leftmost levels will be yellow (levels the player has achieved). Then dark gray (levels he hasn't earned yet but can over time). Then lighter gray ones to the right with a line through them (levels that particular player cannot earn, unless your coach has a specific attribute that allows you to unlock those levels).

Sometimes, you'll see a guy with normal dev but a lot of open levels to earn. That player will progress a lot regardless of having a "bad" dev trait. Other times, you'll see an elite dev trait but he's already near his personal skill cap, so he still won't progress much.

Frankly, I'm still not sure what difference the dev traits even make. I see normal dev guys shoot up in ratings based solely on having room to grow. Often guys who barely see the field. It seems entirely random.

Maybe the dev trait makes more of a difference when you're playing a top school and getting a ton of elite recruits, but for most recruits in the game, it seems pointless to worry about that.
Hmm ok, just don't see that in the regular roster wonder how they are generated or if they are random whenever you start a dynasty. I looked in my one dynasty and he was a normal progression. Just trying to understand what my expectations should be. There is no dev trait till you start a dynasty. I was hoping that I was just missing it in the current roster download.
Old 08-08-2024, 09:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I assume the dev traits don't show outside of dynasty mode because they don't serve a purpose outside of dynasty mode.

I'm pretty sure they are not random. Or at least they aren't randomly generated when you start a dynasty. Every time I start a new file, the dev traits are all the same for every player I check. As for why the top QB recruit in the country was only given normal dev, maybe THAT part was random. Or EA had some Michigan fans working on player ratings. Or maybe they know something the recruiting experts don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »