Home

EA Needs to Get It Together

This is a discussion on EA Needs to Get It Together within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2024, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have never played a game in my life where I have felt more lied too about a product, than EA College Football 25. I expected some growing pains and bugs / glitches with this being essentially a new game series. This is still an EA game and I know it was never going to be perfect. However, I never expected that so many things in this game just plainly do not work. So many fundamental problems with logic that I can't really wrap my head around as to why this game was even released in it's current state.

Playing a game, which IMO EA nailed it on, is the only part of this game that is actually works as an average person would expect. I can tell a lot of focus and detail was added on the gameplay. Including the stadium atmospheres. ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING outside of just playing a game, is a broken or poor mess of an experience.

The UI experience is horrible, plain and simple. I don't have the time and energy to list everything wrong with the UI, especially while playing the Dynasty game mode. Outside of the UI looking good and clean, the lack of information and seemingly endless amount of clicks to get where you need to go is frustrating.

Dynasty only really works for 1 year and I am using the term "works" very loosely. The sim, ranking, and scheduling logics are a complete mess that essentially ruins playing multiple seasons. Custom Conferences is SOOOO bad, it should not even be a listed feature. Recruiting has a ton of bugs to the point where I just let the CPU do it. Not worth wasting my time for some recruits that can't even visit. The coaching carousel can be a nightmare. Most of the time if you are good at your job the CPU will keep giving you extensions, for which you cannot turn down. It could be years before you even move on to the next job.

I feel it was egregious that this game was charged full price given it's released state. I feel so strongly about this that I find myself contemplating, if there are grounds for legal actions. I know some people will feel differently but I am just tired of every EA game taking months to fix post release. If that is the case, then it should reflect the price of the game.

Again, I think EA did a great job on the gameplay and simulating the college atmospheres we all love. Anything else outside of that, was poorly executed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2024, 12:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Needs to Get It Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplantkitty80
I feel so strongly about this that I find myself contemplating, if there are grounds for legal actions.
Well, bk called this perfectly last night.

― Plato
Old 08-01-2024, 12:37 PM   #3
Rookie

z1ppz's Arena

They should definitely allow for a refund unfinished. Bug filled mess.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, bk called this perfectly last night.
I don't know who "bk" is but those terms and conditions are so iron clad, I doubt anything can be done.

It is more about the point and frustration that the game was released in the state that it is. It should not have been released or at the very least, have a lower price point.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:41 PM   #5
Pro

To be honest, it was your decision to buy the game. They delivered a product that replicates college football. Of course there is glaring issues but at the end of the day, you bought the game. You don’t like it, uninstall it and don’t support them going forward. Simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2024, 12:42 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

you must not play that many games.

comparatively, CF25 is not that buggy. the fact I'm a big College football fan, the bugs that are there hurt much more.

I mean, just this year, Payday 3 released and was literally unplayable for a lot of people. people couldn't start a match without error codes. *Edit: well it release last September, times flies*

Edit: not saying this to excuse the bugs in CF25, just comparing to other games.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet

Last edited by Solidice; 08-01-2024 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:55 PM   #7
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

Your rant won’t fit in well here. There is a lot of respect to the devs (for good reason, you listed the positives - which are great)

But, yes….the lack of QA that went into the dynasty mode was sub par. Quite a few bugs and critters. Recommend putting them in the EA bug report on their website.

Come back here in like six months and let off steam again if things haven’t been patched up. In the meantime, you can request a refund through PSN or Xbox. Best of luck. See you on ‘26!

Last edited by dahlzy19; 08-01-2024 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:57 PM   #8
All Star

The two biggest problems I saw were:

1 - coach mode user QB doesn't react to the pass rush and takes to many sacks.

2 - In dynasty on default sliders the game has far to much offense.

Sliders can be adjusted . Coach mode QB can't. I traded the game at a loss for a tennis game. I lost a little money on it but chalk it up to lesson learned regarding EA games.

It's disappointing because graphics are fantastic and I was looking forward to this game but it is what it is. I recommend doing what I did or put the game on a shelf and wait for a patch. Problem with that is they might not patch and and the value of the game on trade will decline over time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »