Home

Anyone understand the difference between Placement and Classic Passing?

This is a discussion on Anyone understand the difference between Placement and Classic Passing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2024, 04:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone understand the difference between Placement and Classic Passing?

I narrowed it down to these two as I don't play online and want ratings to determine my accuracy. I also have enough trouble passing with all the other factors that I don't want to have to time the equivalent of a jump shot at the same time lol But can't seem to notice the difference between the other two. Placement has a power meter which I don't understand either as they both operate the same where tapping is low power/high trajectory and holding it is high power/low trajectory. I just don't notice any functional difference between the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2024, 04:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone understand the difference between Placement and Classic Passing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariya05
I narrowed it down to these two as I don't play online and want ratings to determine my accuracy. I also have enough trouble passing with all the other factors that I don't want to have to time the equivalent of a jump shot at the same time lol But can't seem to notice the difference between the other two. Placement has a power meter which I don't understand either as they both operate the same where tapping is low power/high trajectory and holding it is high power/low trajectory. I just don't notice any functional difference between the two.

Even for EA it’s truly shocking that they A. Didn’t SHOW the difference between them, or B. Allow you to practice each method before choosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2024, 04:44 PM   #3
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
Even for EA it’s truly shocking that they A. Didn’t SHOW the difference between them, or B. Allow you to practice each method before choosing.

You can always change it, and there's a practice mode so you can go practice with both lol
Old 07-16-2024, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter

I did practice mode with both and still don't understand the difference lol
Old 07-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #5
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariya05
I did practice mode with both and still don't understand the difference lol
My understanding is that the revamped has more of the new ball trajectories. The meter itself is how hard the ball is being thrown, the blue will be perfect accuracy, yellow is a harder throw but less accurate, and red will be inaccurate (off-target/off frame).

The other system the meter is about the accuracy, not about how hard the ball is being thrown, and won't have all the new ball trajectories in it. Hope that somewhat helps
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »