Home

Graphical Performance Issues(?)

This is a discussion on Graphical Performance Issues(?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2024, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Graphical Performance Issues(?)

Hope everyone is enjoying the new game, guys. As the Impressions thread is absolutely swamped right now with general impressions, one prevalent issue I have noticed is that most of us are experiencing underwhelming graphical performance in contrast to the absolutely stunning video that's been going around for a few weeks. I thought we could maybe keep this thread here for everyone to post what they're seeing graphically, what system they are playing, and maybe we can spitball amongst each other whether we think this issue is on our side, game side, or just simply how the game is going to look this year. Also, not to get sappy, but I joined this site 16 years ago, and man can I say it is fantastic to be back celebrating another College Football game. Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2024, 12:05 PM   #2
Rookie

RaysTheCups's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Graphical Performance Issues(?)

From everything I'm seeing this seems like it's hurting Xbox users not PS5 users as much.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

On ps5 and the game looks low res and blurry visually, and also saw multiple large stutters last night snapping the ball. A few times severe enough to cause me run right into a defender on the handoff. Personally I am more concerned about the stutters as that directly affected a couple of plays I tried to run.

Last edited by bhoover89; 07-16-2024 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm definitely seeing it on PS5 as well. Hisense 58R6E3 and on my 65 inch Samsung as well. It's not PS3, but it's just nowhere near as crisp on the visual side as even Madden on the PS4, which leads me to believe maybe it gets ironed out? The details are there, we've seen them in gameplay footage, so I'm not positive the disconnect, but I figured it may be slightly easier to compile data here on this singular issue than a megathread. My line of thinking is that after the first decent sized patch, if it's still like this, this is just the game. Which honestly, with the gameplay, is perfectly adequate for me.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady2Moss81
Hope everyone is enjoying the new game, guys. As the Impressions thread is absolutely swamped right now with general impressions, one prevalent issue I have noticed is that most of us are experiencing underwhelming graphical performance in contrast to the absolutely stunning video that's been going around for a few weeks. I thought we could maybe keep this thread here for everyone to post what they're seeing graphically, what system they are playing, and maybe we can spitball amongst each other whether we think this issue is on our side, game side, or just simply how the game is going to look this year. Also, not to get sappy, but I joined this site 16 years ago, and man can I say it is fantastic to be back celebrating another College Football game. Cheers!
There was a screen somewhere on a video from EA pre-release that showed the keyboard option in the controller select menu. It's possible they were using a dev environment on a PC to showcase the game at the highest res possible for marketing purposes. On PS5 the game seems to be coated in vaseline from anything other than the super zoomed in view pre-snap. I'm on a 55 in OLED and sometimes I can't make out names on the jerseys without zooming in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2024, 12:12 PM   #6
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I will copy and past what I posted in the patch thread..

Blurry on my XSX. Not the end of the world, and it has its good moments too, but things could definitely stand to be crisped up a bit.

To add, you can definitely see the pristine graphics are present, but it's almost like everything is shaded, or blurred. Not every aspect of the game needs to be polished, but there are area's it stands out, just seems like it's missing the final touch.

Hopefully can be fixed via patch. Hopefully will be this week.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 07-16-2024 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
There was a screen somewhere on a video from EA pre-release that showed the keyboard option in the controller select menu. It's possible they were using a dev environment on a PC to showcase the game at the highest res possible for marketing purposes. On PS5 the game seems to be coated in vaseline from anything other than the super zoomed in view pre-snap. I'm on a 55 in OLED and sometimes I can't make out names on the jerseys without zooming in.
Yeah the blurryness is super obvious if you look and try and make out any names or helmet details presnap.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

On PS5 and I'm having absolutely zero graphical issues. Game looks great.

Not sure it matters but I'm on a 4-year old Sony 75".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »